Is anyone giving there baby , baby food or baby rice yet ?

emmaswara

Reaction score
hi all just wondering if its 2 early to give my baby baby rice or baby food he is 3 months now , just i heard it used to be 3 months you could wean a baby ? thanks all x

they are still deemed as solid foods and should be avoided to 6 months or as close as-- though i started to wean 4 days ago on the advice of my HV- so my LO started rice at 5months- she hates it so i have now moved onto veg puree's.

The earliest you should wean a baby is 4 months, or 17 weeks, so I think you'll need to hold out a while longer hun :)

It's best to wait until 6 months, as early weaning increases the risk of health problems later in life. The earliest you should wean is 17 weeks. The time will fly past and you'll be weaning before you know it. :D

Definately agree with what others have said its too early for you yet... I am going to try lo on baby rice in a couple of weeks when she is 22 weeks old (5 months) and see how she goes but won't be forcing it upon her even at that point :flower:

Ronan is almost 16 months now and I still have days where I wish he was just on milk! BFing was sooo much easier and so much less mess! :haha:

More seriously, as the other ladies said, best to wait until as close to 6 months as possible. A lot of things used to be done that we've found out since and with research and studies aren't such a great idea.

Agreed. Weaning seems fun and exciting and such a great step to take. But it's honestly such a pain in the arse!

Thomas started at 4 months 3 weeks and I regret it and wish I had waited until he was closer to 6 months.

I misjudged his cues and thought he was hungry for food when now I really think he was just having some sort of growth spurt.

He also started sleeping a lot worse when I started weaning him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->