Is anyone having/had cold feet once it became time to TTC?

Bema1992

Me, DH, 2 Boston Terriers
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on with me as I've been wanting to start a family for a couple years now but we had to wait for things to line up first. When we first chose a date to start trying, I got SUPER excited. We had a scare last month and I was pretty sad/let down when my period came. But this month I've been tracking my cycles and we DTD every single day during my fertile week (I ovulated a week earlier than expected, I was going to try to naturally prevent anything from happening this month as we aren't "officially" trying until next month, but oh well) and now I'm getting super cold feet and panicking about the possibility that we could conceive this month.

I can't stop thinking about all of the things I still want to accomplish first (things that I never really cared much about before - exotic vacations, reaching fitness goals that would take me a year or two, etc.) and I am also starting to PANIC that I somehow will be one of those women that doesn't bond with my child, doesn't do enough activities with them, doesn't really get into it when it comes to parenting, sucks at parenting, etc.

I don't know if this is normal or what the heck is going on because last month I was THRILLED at the prospect of possibly being pregnant and then super let down when I wasn't... but now I'm terrified and regretting not thinking of taking Plan B earlier this week. What is going on with me?

I forgot to add that it feels like I almost went from "baby fever mode" to wanting to be childfree in a matter of a week. I'm so terrified of possibly conceiving this month and I just don't understand what is wrong with me all of a sudden :(:confused::(

We are in the perfect position to start a family (we recently moved into a new house which is paid off, we have two fairly new and reliable vehicles, we have good jobs with great benefits/insurance, we are inheriting a large sum of money in the next several months, we now have an extra $1000/mo that is no longer going towards housing and my husband is going to be getting a raise in a couple of months which will bring in about another $500 a month). I've already basically designed the nursery (just need to get around to painting) and started a baby registry on Amazon and my father is handcrafting us a little bassinet/cradle (he has been really into woodworking lately) since he found out we are going to be trying. I don't know why I feel this way! Any advise or stories or experiences of how you got past it? I feel like I always hear about the male getting cold feet, but it's just me!!

Not exactly the same but we decided we would try for a third, give it a year (it took us 2.5 years ttc for #2) and if it didn't happen we'd be happy with the two we had. When I fell pregnant the third month in all of a sudden I wasn't sure anymore, I thought I had more time and was truly prepared that it would never happen.

I think it's a natural reaction to knowing things are going to change. You will still be able to do all the things you want, there will just probably be an extra little someone to share it with.
I'm very excited now. Good luck.

Don't be scared, as long as you both are in a good place emotionally, it will be ok. Life WILL change...it will be hard at times and sleepless nights are nothing to laugh about. But this little person will B your priority...your instincts will kick in and they are your world. I had my 1st 3 kids in my early and mid 20s...tons of times I wondered how different life would have been. But my kids kept me responsible and made me a better person. Now I married the love of my life and we're trying for what will be my fourth. Your kids become your pride and you can still have an identity i promise. I was a single mom until my now hubby. and i pushed to find an awesome career and so forth, my dh and i have date nights and we have family vacations. You can balance everything as your kid gets older. In the beginning your baby will need you and I remember feeling quite tired so you may not want to even go out too much when its first born. But u and ur spouse will make the necessary changes and it can b quite blissful. I hope I'm helping and not just rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->