Is anyone scared to have another baby because of how difficult the first is?

it's highly unlike we'll have another, reasons being the labour, recovery and having quite a high needs baby

don't think i could knowingly do it again - it was different before as i thought it would be different

:flower:

we've decided not to have another, partly because of this.
xx

Absolutely agree!

But I say just don't think about it now and in a couple of years we might feel very different (once the memory of this relentless hard work fades!)

x

It is really hard, but so worth it. The way I see it is if you want more, have them while theyre all young then you can look forward to the growing up more independant stage without having an independant child then suddenly have a newborn again... x

:haha: That's exactly why we are having ours close together. I warned hubby that if he let me get my life / body back he'd never get me up the duff again!

That said I can't help but get all dewey eyed at the thought of my babies playing together this time next year.:blush:

I'm scared....for the first 6 weeks, I got anywhere from a half an hour to two hours of sleep a night at the most. She was colicky and refluxy, and a horrible sleeper. I don't know how I survived that, and a lot of that time is kind of foggy, to be honest. My husband had PND and completely abandoned me to take care of everything by myself, and we almost split up because of it. It was by far the most stressful time of my life.
But now, the colic is gone, the reflux is gone and my husband is back to himself for the most part. My baby seems to be growing so fast and it's making me sad. :( Even though we had a pretty rough start, I can't imagine not having at least one more.

I was adamant until recently I would not have another. I had a horrible time with PND and ended up in hospital. I didn't want to risk putting Kate through that when she was old enough to remember it.

However I feel so confident with her and I'm working on my anxiety problems I think it will reduce my chances of having it again.

I just look at her and love her so much, how could I not do it again.

Actually I am scared that I will want another despite how difficult it's been!! At the start my OH and I swore " never again" because of the colic, reflux, my PND and us having no friends or family around to help us. It was truly the hardest time in my life so far and Im not sure I could face it again. I also feel like it would need to be " soon or never" as I don't want to be an old mum, would want them close in age too.
So I think for us, our DD will be an only child and it kind of makes me sad for her but I dont think we can go thru that all again. I also had a horrible hOrrible delivery

I would not have another one due to the bad pregnancy and birth. xx

im not scared of having another im terrorfied :shock: lol
i love alfie all the world but ooh deary me numerous trips to AnE, silent reflux, traumatic birth, in nicu for a week, chest infection, acute broncholitis i just couldnt put myself through it again seeing someone you love so much in pain and knowing you cant do anything but be there is so hard.
i know every baby is different but alfies more than enough :haha:

so there will be NO more babies for me =)

<3

Mines for the opposite reason! Ellis was a dream, we had a shaky start (emerg c sec, 2 days in SCBU) but BF was a breeze, he sleeps well and is so laid back! Even as a toodler he is well behaved, eats well and loves bedtime. I'm scared that the next won't be as "good"

Perhaps your next LO will be different?

Yeah, I'm not sure I want another. I don't think I can do those first 8 weeks again, it was the hardest, most stressful time I've ever been through. I know my husband wants more but right now, I don't. I feel sad that my daughter might be an only child, but I was an only child and I was ok.

I really really enjoy being a mum, early age & now. But I hated my pregnancy & I had a traumatic emergency CS, this is why I'm scared to have another one.

Me. I had a really traumatic labour and then heamoraged really badly afterwards and the thought of that frightens me. Archie is not so much difficult but he can be hard work, the first three months were not easy xx

Too late for me. I am already up the duff! Lol :)

My LO was a very good baby & I had no trouble with him. I find him more challenging now and my main concern is lack of sleep as he still wakes during the night sometimes. I also worry about getting a break during the day (from both of them) and how myself and OH will balance our relationship.

I am sure it will all work out fine but I do have some concerns.

For the first two weeks, there was no way in hell I would ever entertain the idea of more kids.

But since then Thomas has been such a joy, I want another baby already. OH says we have to wait another 4 years before we TCC as he wants to have a good job, save some money and have a more stable life. I'm so bummed! I'd be over the moon to be pregnant right now.

I'm scared to even try again in case i have another set of twins, LOL! Don't get me wrong, i am besotted with my beautiful angels, however i was ready to crack during the first 6 weeks. Seriously! It's BLOODY hard!!

Who knows, maybe in time i'll forget how hard it was...

HAHA I still havent forgotton how hard new born twins it and they are one!!

Well if its any comfort my boys are as different as night and day - Fynn is the kind of baby that make parents stop at one (love you sweetie but lord you are hard work) Sam well my Sam he is the kind of baby that makes parents have a football team.

We are stopping here as I fell with the boys in the first month of trying too scared of triplets next time.

O/T, but Vicky, that picture is absolutely adorable!!!

Oh no I'm not now, I see all the pain, stress, and frustration as a challenge and the end result is sooooo worth it:D Its not the end of the world, its the start of it for me, I cant wait to get another opportunity. Like Aliss blocking out stuff, I have kind of looked upon all the bad bits with rose tinted glasses, its never going to be an easy ride, if it were it would be boring, and whats a few bad weeks compared with a lifetime of joy :D

I loved pregnancy, but hated labour and didn't enjoy the first 4-5 months of LOs life as she was quite high needs. She also woke every two hours at night until she was 9 months old, so I was constantly shattered.

I really enjoy the age she is now, but I know it's going to get hard again once she starts testing boundaries etc.

I'll never say never, but I'm very happy with our little family, and don't feel the need to have anymore.

I'm scared to even try again in case i have another set of twins, LOL! Don't get me wrong, i am besotted with my beautiful angels, however i was ready to crack during the first 6 weeks. Seriously! It's BLOODY hard!!

Who knows, maybe in time i'll forget how hard it was...

HAHA I still havent forgotton how hard new born twins it and they are one!!

Well if its any comfort my boys are as different as night and day - Fynn is the kind of baby that make parents stop at one (love you sweetie but lord you are hard work) Sam well my Sam he is the kind of baby that makes parents have a football team.

We are stopping here as I fell with the boys in the first month of trying too scared of triplets next time.

LOL! Me and OH are scared of triplets too! When i said to him 'Imagine if i fell pregnant with 3 next time', he just looked at me wide eyed, said nothing and left the room. I think i scared the crap out of him, even the thought of it!! That would be FIVE BABIES from 2 pregnancies. Jeez, i can't even begin to imagine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->