Is anyone scared to have another baby because of how difficult the first is?

I'm the opposite, i can't wait to have more babies, i had a very easy labour and pregnancy though so can imagine if it wasn't good i would be a bit scared to ttc #2. LO was pretty hard work at the start because of his reflux but he is a dream baby now and sleeps through most nights.

I'm another one who has had a fairly easy time of it, with Harry generally being a very happy baby who has slept through the night since 6 weeks...I just know I couldn't get that lucky twice!

I don't want him to be an only child though, so will probably do it for his sake...I bet I get broody again once he's past the "baby" stage anyway.:baby:

I am but I figure once the next LO is here I will just have to get on with it so we're going for it :thumbup:

I feel like this too. My lo is 13 weeks old and i find it sooo hard. x

The only thing I'm scared of is going into premature labor again. My LO is such a sweet and easy baby, I'd love to have more (not to say they'd all be like him..) but we're going to wait awhile.

you're probably going to hate me, but ella was (and still is) a complete angel! She slept through from the beginning and hardly ever cried! i remember the first night home from hospital- she slept from 2am to 8.30. We've had it pretty easy but Whats the bet that next baby will be the devils child :dohh: :haha:

xx

Not really, as I figure I will be more relaxed and confident next time. By the time my fourth sister came along my mum didn't even buy a cot for her (co-slept from birth) and the whlole family kind of raised her. Ivy is by no means an easy baby but I think the rewards of having a big family outweigh a few years of sleepless nights :)

Actually Ivy is a very easy-going baby really...in the DAYTIME. But she hasn't slept more than 3 hours in a row in months :coffee:

I'm lucky that Leni is such an easy and placid baby. However, i am worried about having another premature baby.

you're probably going to hate me, but ella was (and still is) a complete angel! She slept through from the beginning and hardly ever cried! i remember the first night home from hospital- she slept from 2am to 8.30. We've had it pretty easy but Whats the bet that next baby will be the devils child :dohh: :haha:

xx

LOL we don't hate you , we just want to know your secret!!! :thumbup:

I wouldn't say I was scared as such even though it was pretty dramatic, but it certainly put me off for a few years. I'm still young and I've got Tom and a great OH so for now, I'm just enjoying our little family.

Yep me. In fact, we're not going to have another. I had the easiest pregnancy ever, but the first 10 months were horrid thanks to sleep deprivation.

I'm the opposite... kinda.

Fin seems such an easy baby that I worry the next will be a horror. Fin has his milk at any termerature, naps really well, Sleeps 13 hrs straight at night and is happy and content when left to do his own thing (mat, bouncer, bouncy chair etc) xx

I felt the same way - my lo was a NIGHTMARE! even all the doctors kept telling me i was in for a perfect little toddler/teenager as he was such a shocker of a baby and i honestly felt that i could in no way go through it again. Well since christmas we have turned a corner and i am now feeling broody again (lo is only just coming up for 6 months). I can't face it just yet but already the nightmare of the first 4 and a half months is beginning to fade (gradually) so i think we may start trying again at the end of the year. I think i can't face the thought of lo being an only child either - i grew up with siblings and would have hated to miss out on that. still terrified though!

count me in KALAh, im scared to the bones, after giving birth and the first three months of LO, i swear its no easy task and will take me years to go through it again but what is this, lately i am having too much fun with him, his interaction and hugs to me feels soo good , that I wonder if its over i wanna have another one! oh my! oh my!

I'm scared. It's hard work. There have been moments of despair and many many tears, but having olivia has been so incredibly fulfilling. I've travelled, got a degree, very good job etc and the sense of achievement/pride I feel for overcoming the prem labour, operations, colic, reflux, sleep deprivation surpasses anything i've done before. I can't wait to do it again :)

I'm the opposite... kinda.

Fin seems such an easy baby that I worry the next will be a horror. Fin has his milk at any termerature, naps really well, Sleeps 13 hrs straight at night and is happy and content when left to do his own thing (mat, bouncer, bouncy chair etc) xx

Connor is the same. He is happy and content. He has always slept well, takes a bottle at any temp. I have no problems with weaning, cause he eats well.
I am afraid if number two is the opposite, that I may resent him/her for not being as easy as Connor.

I think all you with the easy babies should go ahead and have another! :rofl:

Mine started out easy and gradually got more and more needy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->