• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

...is anyone still checking their cervix?

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
What are they doing?

Mine seemed closed but now it doesn't. It's still firm and still only about medium in position.

Is this normal?

It will likely take a few weeks for your cervix to settle into a 'pregnant' position what ever that may be, but Please, please, please stop checking your cervix now you are pregnant! I know old habits can die hard but nothing should be anywhere near there especially germy fingers x

I know. And I know that walking into the bathroom to check! I am just having a SEVERE paranoia day today. My temp dipped two days in a row, my boobs don't hurt as much today, I don't see my doctor until Saturday...I just wanted reassurance of some sort that things were going ok. So scared of having another MC.

I don't think there is really a huge problem checking your cervix while pregnant as long as you are careful. I mean sex is okay and unless you are getting hubby to was with disenfectant before sex it can washed fingers be worse? The mucus plug is there to protect from germs. I checked mine sometimes. Early on it was high soft and closed but it soon settled to a medium position and stayed that way for ages. Now it is super soft and super high but that only happened a bit later on.

I know how that feels, i truly do, it's a scary time! But temping and doing cervix checks are not going to make anything change an outcome! You are pregnant... enjoy today :) When you get up tomorrow and are still pregnant... enjoy tomorrow :) Enjoy each day as it comes, stressing and worrying will not help your bean... relax and take it one day at a time.

I still check the toilet paper EVERY TIME i go to loo (now i'm checking for pre term labour signs :dohh: ) and i breath a sign of relief that there is no blood there .... i had spotting in week 6 and 7 and everything is fine (doubly fine - two babies on the way!) I had very few symptoms at all, no morning sickness, tender boob on occasion and seriously would question some days if i was pregnant or not. Please try and relax and enjoy each day xx

congratulations on your pregnancy!

i had a MC in February and then found out I was pregnant again in August. I also wanted to keep checking my CP but decided that I needed to stop because I was obsessing over it! I had to remind myself that the pregnancy would work out the way it was meant to. If baby wasn't healthy and wasn't meant to survive.. then it wouldnt. Regardless of what I did or how much I checked.

Enjoy every moment.. I know these first weeks are the hardest. They absolutely dragged by for me. You have been given the gift of life and your baby is alive! Enjoy these moments and talking to your baby and being positive. I'm sure everything will work out for you. There have been serveral times in my pregnancy that I have freaked myself out. When I was about 12 weeks I had a huge clump of CM (I thought it was my mucous plug..) and made the mistake of checking my cervix. It seemed to be soft, low and open and I thought for SURE i was about to miscarry. I just layed down and went to sleep and didn't allow myself to think about it again. Here I am almost 18 weeks and I feel baby wiggling away in there. Sometimes our cervix just does weird things that really don't mean anything but they cause us to worry and fear things are going bad.. so checking it can cause us more harm by worrying!

I hope this helps!!! Good luck with your pregnancy!! <3

Thanks ladies. I am seriously trying not to cry. I don't know why I can't relax today.

I get it.. I really do. I wanted to be pregnant for so long. After our MC I wanted it so badly.. But being pregnant is stressful and it is scary! So much is happening in our bodies and it is terrifying when you just want your baby SO bad. Do your best to find something today that will relax you. And just remember you need to get through only one day at a time! You can do this.. <3

I get it.. I really do. I wanted to be pregnant for so long. After our MC I wanted it so badly.. But being pregnant is stressful and it is scary! So much is happening in our bodies and it is terrifying when you just want your baby SO bad. Do your best to find something today that will relax you. And just remember you need to get through only one day at a time! You can do this.. <3

Amen to you screen picture (or whatever you call it)!! :)

It will likely take a few weeks for your cervix to settle into a 'pregnant' position what ever that may be, but Please, please, please stop checking your cervix now you are pregnant! I know old habits can die hard but nothing should be anywhere near there especially germy fingers x

Well when we have sex, the penis is hitting it right? So sex is bad

Although I don't check my cervix. The doc at the er did and it hurt like heck. I screamed so loud. Some are just so rough and rude

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"