Is Anyone TTC after having a Postpartum Hemorrhage?

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Im not currently TTC, BUT I had my son in Feb 2012. I always wanted a girl but have 2 boys. I had the dream delivery I wanted all natural.. but approximatly 5 hours after his birth I hemmoraged. It has completely tramatized me. I dont think I will EVER try for a baby again and it has put me into a depression Knowing I will never have a girl now. =(

I didnt have a mom growing up, so I always wanted to have a daughter and bond with her the way I never got to with my Mom. Now I dont see that happening.

I just wanted to see if anyone is out there TTC after having a previous PPH. (postpartum Hemorrhage). OR if anyone of you have had more pregnancies and deliveries already after a PPH. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Hi Hun,

I'm prob not much help, but I had a nasty one last year with my dd and lost 3 litres of blood. My hubby and I are want to TTC but are so nervous about it happening again and something worse happening etc. I too would be interested to know others experiences with this.

Wish u good luck Hun and hope it works out for u xxxx

Thank you so much Sarah for your reply. Its nice to know that Im not the only one out there going through this situation. :hugs:

i did not experience this but i have a close friend who did with her first. her doc told her she had a small increase of it happening again since it happened once... but! it did not happen with her 2nd child. apparently they can give you an injection when the child is being born to help the uterus contract and cut off the blood vessels.... preventing it from bleeding as much! hope ive helped at least a little bit! :) good luck to you!!

Thanks TaurusMom. =) appreciate your reply

Hey ladies it seems like it has been a year since this was active but hopefully this information will help someone. I gave birth to my first DD 10/2010, had a retained placenta which resulted in hemmorage and I lost a third of my blood. I concieved again and had a beautiful water home birth with absolutely no complication 10/2012. Now we are trying to conceive our third. I know its scary but it can also be healing for both you and hubby. Its doable and possible. Wishing you all the best and a lot of sticky baby dust!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->