Is anyone waiting to TTC because of health problems?

SarahTabor

Reaction score
Hi :)
Im a mumma to 2 beautiful girls & would love to have a 3rd. Apart from worrying about space in our house, the biggest issue is my health. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy last May, when i was just 5 weeks pregnant with our youngest. I was told by consultant/doctor, that if we were to have another baby, I would need pre-pregnancy medication councilling (which could take 4-6 months). I havent yet gone a year seizure free, so both my husband and i are really worried that the same could happen again.
I dont want anyone to think im being selfish for taking that chance.
This is when i envy those that can just pick a month & start TTC with nothing standing in their way.
X

That would be so difficult to deal with! It's VERY responsible of you to wait until your health is in order. Good for you!

I hope that you can go seizure free soon and get to baby-making :)

I am :( We would of really like to have been pregnant with baby nr 2 by now but unfortunately ive been having alot of pain since April which is gradually getting worse each month. Im suspected to have endo so having a laparoscopy on Wednesday and then fingers crossed after that we can start ttc :)

I'm waiting for the all clear after 2 lots of precancerous cells and the removal off in 2013.
Xx

Yup. I'm currently undergoing my second alopecia attack in three years (both brought on by postpartum) and I just got a celiac diagnosis and my intestines are so torn up the dr told me it will take 6 months to a year to heal. I am only now starting to gain weight again because for a while my body wasn't really absorbing any nutrients. I'm waiting to see if my issues settle and also if I am willing to play with fire again by having another baby (developed hypothyroid with first, celiac with second, and then of course the alopecia...I'm scared I might develop something else) or if we want to go the adoption route instead.

Hi :)
Im a mumma to 2 beautiful girls & would love to have a 3rd. Apart from worrying about space in our house, the biggest issue is my health. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy last May, when i was just 5 weeks pregnant with our youngest. I was told by consultant/doctor, that if we were to have another baby, I would need pre-pregnancy medication councilling (which could take 4-6 months). I havent yet gone a year seizure free, so both my husband and i are really worried that the same could happen again.
I dont want anyone to think im being selfish for taking that chance.
This is when i envy those that can just pick a month & start TTC with nothing standing in their way.
X
btw I so agree with you. I was crying to my dh last night how it isn't fair that some women can have a baby no problem but then others have infertility, horrible pregnancies, or horrible health issues that result from pregnancy or keep them from pregnancy. Can't all us decent women just have babies without problems. :(

I am a type 1 diabetic and have 2 little girls. I desperately want a third, but have had to wait firstly to bring my hba1c down (it was 9.3 in May and they want it below 7 - my latest as of early December was 6.4) but the second pregnancy was so bad that they have told me to wait for a pump too - and that will take til April (long story with the medical aid) and then I will still have to wait about 3 months or so to get the pump correctly set up for me.

I have also in the meantime found out that I have serious food intolerances (possibly celiac though still awaiting some test results to confirm/reject this) so would love to get this sorted out too before starting another pregnancy - stopping dairy has stopped my asthma which I really struggled with in the past two pregnancies so this should also make pregnancy easier next time I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->