Is anyone's baby measuring small?

Srrme

Reaction score
My little man overall is in the 25th percentile (2 weeks before that he was in the 21st), and his abdomen is in the 8th percentile. The blood flow is good, and so is my fluid.

I've been scheduled for weekly NST though, and I already have growth scans every other week.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm worrying myself a bit. :wacko:

Yeah my little girl was and still is measuring small but they are not worried since she is growing :)

same happen with my mate measure small but when was born was 6lb im opposite my baby measuring too big

Thanks, girls. He's measuring small, but he hasn't stopped growing. I wish they would stop worrying me so much, to be honest. :nope: I was a very small baby, and am only 5'1" so he might just be little! :shrug:

My baby is on the 1th centime, growing so might just be a bit little!

Our boy was measuring in the 16th percentile about a month ago. 2 weeks ago he is up to the 24th percentile and growing. We have another scan at 35 weeks just to make sure, but doctor says he is doing great and improving. No worries here. :)

My little girl was born under the 9th percentile after her stomach had stopped growing and she was in signs of fetal distress. She was born by emergency c section and weighed 5lb 3oz, so not that small really. If the worst does happen and your baby does stop growing I wanted to give you hope that everything can be ok. Arabella is perfect in every single way, so perfect she scored 9 after the 1 minute APGAR and 10 after 5 minutes. Try not too worry everything happens for a reason and even If they do induce for meical reasons it's not that bad. Arabella is now 3 weeks old and last Friday when we had her weighed was 6lb 6oz. The growth scans and Doppler tests will monitor you closely and will prepare u for what could happen. I wrote a list of questions to ask my consultant as I was concerned and I think it helped prepare me for what could happen.
I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and parenthood with your new baby :)
Abi and baby Arabella xx

My last DD was small (based on personalised growth charts 25th centile) and had stalled growth between 32-34 weeks. After fortnightly growth scans and three weekly Doppler blood flow scans she was born at 38 weeks just over 6lbs. Alot of worry but better safe than sorry!
Same happening with this baby - but I guess I'm not surprised after last DD IUGR. This baby is measuring below 10th centile (personally I think linked to my Mild Pre-eclampsia) but we have next scan Thursday so we will see. So far blood flow measures ok on Doppler scans but it's just a case if keeping an eye

Try not to worry - easier said than done. At least they're keeping an eye on baby and you can be prepared if they need to deliver early and if baby is small (smaller clothing etc)

All the best
Jo
Ps: I get/got the usual stories of scans being wrong - but obviously depending on machine and sonographer - my EFW was bang on within 2ozs at delivery !

My baby has been measuring small for 2 months now. However, recently she has picked up on growth and is fine-they seem to have growth spurts. I knew I was having one as I was tired out and getting a big bump very fast
Try not to worry about it.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"