Is baby measuring big?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by IMISSCOFFEE, Dec 27, 2009.

1. IMISSCOFFEE

IMISSCOFFEE Well-Known Member

My last ultrasound was 11w 5d and the sonographer mentioned the baby measured 6.5 cm. Is that big for my dates? Does anyone else know what their baby measured at around 12 weeks?

2. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

In my pregnancy book "Your pregnancy week by week" it says for 12w baby measures approx. 6.1cm. You're a little bigger, but not by alot. I'm sure it's fine...maybe you're just gonna have a bigger baby or you are slightly further along than you thought. I wouldn't worry about it, bigger is better than too small.

3. cocokittyi

cocokittyi Well-Known Member

My mum got me a book for christmas and looked under 12weeks it says it sould be about 6cm
    Sounds fine:thumbup:

4. MrsVenn

MrsVenn Well-Known Member

I had my 12 week scan last week and got moved forwards 3 days because baby was 6.2cm, just means it's a little bigger the sonographer said. Nothing to worry about!

5. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

All of my boys measured a little bigger and they are perfectly fine and healthy, all born over 51cm and the 1st weighing in at 8lb 6oz (38wks), 2nd was 8lb 4oz(37wks) and 3rd was 9lb 7.5oz (39wks).

I wouldn't be worried hun, all sounds fine.