Is Breast Best? Tonight on BBC3 @ 9pm

and also has no-one heard of descretion? I breastfed all the time, everywhere and noone had a clue! I didnt just flop it out like they just showed the 'fan/expert' doing..and the bf having it on its cornflakes? huh? i mean i bet loads of people have a taste lol but this programme seems so negative towards breastfeeding atm, I hope it gets better. 'breastfeeding fairy'? I dunno could really put people off even trying..

I am a huge breastfeeding advocate and have breastfed all 3 of my babies and will be breastfeeding this one too. And in any defense I do personally believe that any child who is still sick often would have been sicker yet without breastmilk. There is just way to many antibodies nutrients etc etc etc to not be given credit. It is like liquid gold :)
It is not replaceable. Neither is the bonding that takes place. I would never judge someone who hasn't been able to but through infection or stress but i think consciously making a 'choice' to bottle feed is odd and people will think that selfish. I was engorged after hospital with my DS one visit from MW and she helped and it hurt but then it was all so much better, sometimes it takes practise, and grazed nipples, but its sooo worth it :D

Really enjoying so far! That young girl on there BF deserves a medal bless her, she is doing so well

I hate watching programmes like this with my mum though she's really peeing me off TBH, she's saying that girl was being stupid and over the top for
Carrying on BF when in pain, she was saying she was being selfish (god my mum winds me up so much)

I really wanna give BF a try, but already my mums going your being silly. If you bf you'll get no help :(

She also tried saying the programmes wrong and there's no health beneifits and me and my sister are 'fine'

Anyways, I'm gonna ignore her and carry on enjoying the programme lol

I am a huge breastfeeding advocate and have breastfed all 3 of my babies and will be breastfeeding this one too. And in any defense I do personally believe that any child who is still sick often would have been sicker yet without breastmilk. There is just way to many antibodies nutrients etc etc etc to not be given credit. It is like liquid gold :)
It is not replaceable. Neither is the bonding that takes place. I would never judge someone who hasn't been able to but through infection or stress but i think consciously making a 'choice' to bottle feed is odd and people will think that selfish. I was engorged after hospital with my DS one visit from MW and she helped and it hurt but then it was all so much better, sometimes it takes practise, and grazed nipples, but its sooo worth it :D

Oh I agree I would never judge people who bottle feed, I just personally think breast is best for soooooo many reasons. :flower:

Really enjoying so far! That young girl on there BF deserves a medal bless her, she is doing so well

I hate watching programmes like this with my mum though she's really peeing me off TBH, she's saying that girl was being stupid and over the top for
Carrying on BF when in pain, she was saying she was being selfish (god my mum winds me up so much)

I really wanna give BF a try, but already my mums going your being silly. If you bf you'll get no help :(

She also tried saying the programmes wrong and there's no health beneifits and me and my sister are 'fine'

Anyways, I'm gonna ignore her and carry on enjoying the programme lol

good for you, give it a go and if you are like so many women who's baby's latch easily it will make your life so much easier -especially in the middle of the night and when out and about -most coffe shops have nice little nursing rooms now btw -pls dpne ever do it in a toilet! x

im disgusted at how theyre acting around breastfeeding!!! i cant beleive it took that girl 2 weeks to go and learn how to get her baby to latch on... I cant beleive how ott theyre making the breastfeeders seem. like we just expose ourselves! lol its pretty discrete.

Also theyve completely bypassed dual feeding!!! why cant you mix breast AND bottle?

and btw... i would never do it in a changing room, toilet etc... i always do it in a nice open, clean space. ie. a cafe. Costa are especially breastfeeding friendly with stickers in the window!!!

if you wanna do it in public but nervous, practice in the mirror first.. theres nothing wrong with it!!!

£100 a litre aye? well if its as easy as last time then.. kerching lol! hahaa honestly though it is at least that precious and necessary

£100 a litre aye? well if its as easy as last time then.. kerching lol! hahaa honestly though it is at least that precious and necessary

lol you and me both.

thing is i would happily give mine away to any mother who felt she couldnt breastfeed her own child. I would also accept someone elses breastmilk for my child if i couldnt feed it.

just dont get why people choose not to even try breastfeeding.

That young girls (Emma) baby is gorgeous, what an amazing head of hair :)

The bit about how much the hospital pays for bm made me feel bad. I quickly looked into donoring the other day, but now I really want to donate to our local hospital, not a bank that charges through the roof for it.

It's so expensive. I didn't watch the program because it's not here in Canada, but when I went out searching for donated milk for my boy, it was $3-4 per ounce from the banks :( I genuinely could not afford that. It's really a shame that it's so expensive.

I agree. It was a bit of a shocker Id give it for free too (i was joking about making a fortune) -I guess for a lot of mums their breastmilk is a very personal thing and the incentive helps? they obv dont have enough donors :(

was also v shocked how few younger mums breast fed i did not know it was so 'unfashionable' . I thought the message had been clearly put out there. It was odd how they showed the 'lactivists' as some sort of hippy cult?! lol. I guess till posh spice and katie price get doing it in public teens wont either..

i think their behaviour was disgusting if im honest... babies arent fashion statements anyway. Theyre human life and boobs are made to feed them. Not only that but breastfeeding is free, none of those teen girls appeared to be in a situation that they are rolling in cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->