• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is CC/CIO now my only option?

Reporting back on Hipp goodnight, he screamed last night so I got vari flow teats and he refused to drink it tonight :( ....so, it might work but my DS will not have it, sorry it was no good, I will say, I propped the cot up with books for the last few nights and he has slept better still up three times in the night but that beats hourly Wakings so I'm hoping it continues may be worth a try? I have previously tried to prop up the mattress but that never worked he was actually worse...x

Sorry I meant to say about Hipp Goodnight, I tried it too because it's so thick and I thought it would help but it gave my baby terrible stomach cramps :(

Well I guess it's one more thing tried and tested, we tried hungry baby milk last night and he only woke at midnight and 4am! I have started getting him out the cot for full feeds, winding and then cuddles till he's well asleep seems to be helping...still think the books under the cot legs have made the biggest difference so far x

Absolutely, you have to try things! Anything!

I suppose because hungry baby milk is thicker it helped? That sounds like some decent sleep you got!

I thought I would update this. I had my appointment today and the doctor was fantastic!

1) changed his milk to neocate lcp, which is apparently also good for reflux?
2) prescribed omeprazole
3) made an appointment for me to see the dietician so she can help me with his weaning now that he has to avoid milk etc
4) did blood tests

I am really hoping this helps! it's going to be a few days before I can tell anyways because the poor thing has a cold and a very stuffy nose so that's waking him up at the moment.

i showed her a picture of the rash after he had yogurt and she said she has no doubt he has a dairy intolerance.

so I am feeling hopeful!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Great news that you had an understanding doc. Really hope this helps you and your LO.

Glad it was a good appointment! Fingers crossed you start seeing improvement soon.

Sounds like a fantastic appointment! Omeprozole is like magic you'll be getting plenty of sleep soon I'm sure and so pleased your DS will get relief from his pain! X

So glad they got him diagnosed! Now that you know that he DOES have reflux, I would not worry about sleep training until he has it under control. Seems he was likely waking so often because he was having reflux pains, poor little guy:( I hope the meds they prescribed offer him some much needed comfort!

No I will definitely not be sleep training now, going to give the milk and med at least a month to see how he gets on and then deal with the sleeping issue after that.

maybe he will then, without the pain, respond better to the gentler sleep training methods. i hope anyways!

No I will definitely not be sleep training now, going to give the milk and med at least a month to see how he gets on and then deal with the sleeping issue after that.

maybe he will then, without the pain, respond better to the gentler sleep training methods. i hope anyways!

So pleased you got the diagnosis at last. Just to say, my son is on neocate and it took 6 weeks to see a difference, so if things aren't improved in a month, don't give up on it, it might just take a little longer x

So pleased you got the diagnosis at last. Just to say, my son is on neocate and it took 6 weeks to see a difference, so if things aren't improved in a month, don't give up on it, it might just take a little longer x

I have a month supply so will definitely be keeping it up!

I read it can make them quite gassy at the start but then it will get better, did you find that?

Ah I'm so happy for you! I went through 5 doctors to get a diagnosis. It was horrible. He now sleeps 13 hours straight a night at 3.5 years :rofl: I love it love it love it (and a "normal" baby waking all night is so easy in comparison).

I have a month supply so will definitely be keeping it up!

I read it can make them quite gassy at the start but then it will get better, did you find that?

I didn't actually, his gas got so much better on it, but he was so gassy before that there could only improvement!

Well I don't know if I am imagining it but last night he definitely slept a bit better. sometimes going 2 hours before waking up (you must realise this has not happened in probably months!) and that's even with the cold which seems to be really bothering him, he is very congested.

i've always thought he was perfect even if he was a bit of an insomniac but now i might actually be getting to a stage where i have a perfect baby that also sleeps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"