Is clomid worth it?

honeybee2

Reaction score
I've been prescibed it to help my eggs which are apparently very small and something else that I can't quite remember? I have low progesterone, or something :dohh: ye not very good as explaining things am I? :rofl:

ANYWAY

We are up for ICSI in May and she is going to put me on them so by the time we have the ICSI my eggs will be better BUT is it worth it? I head that it decreases your CM and makes your uterus lining thin? :shrug:

Well, you can always get Pre-seed or Conceive + to counteract the dryness (that's what I use) but honestly it dries me out post ov pretty bad, but I still get a fair amount of ewcm for my ov day. Not sure about the uterine lining, I've heard it can do that but I dunno how I would know if it was happening lol

If you are worried about the negative effects of clomid you could ask about getting femera instead. I personally didn't react one bit to either of these meds and I am not sure if femera is appropriate in your situation but it doesnt hurt to ask.

The thinning uterine lining and decreased CM happen when they up the dosage to 100mg and when you're in the last 3 cycles. Usually women who have trouble ovulating take this. Although it helps you ovulate it doesn't mean you're going to get pregnant.

My gyno was going to put me on it, until he found out my DH's SA..he said it wouldn't do me any good.

At this point, anything is worth trying! Good luck!

Hey I took it for six month and was monitored for four of them (I took 1x50mg, 3x100mg, 1x150mg, 1x200mg and wasn't monitored on two of the 100mg).

I have been put on the waiting list for injections and told to take Clomid until I get them. I didn't experience any side effects apart from hot flushes. The reason I am on it is I don't' ovulate or have periods and as FS said, taking the Clomiid will increase my chances from zero even if it does reduce cm or thin the lining. Lol. Again I will be monitored and taking 150mg for up to nine month as that is how long the waiting list is (would be wouldn't it? lol).

Some people are lucky to experience none of the side effects and some get all of them. I was told about 80% of FS's patients ovulate with Clomid and about a third of them will fall pregnant on it.

Hope I've helped.

I think every persons body is different, I personally have had good lining when I have been having my clomid scans, it does dry me up a bit but I use conceive plus for this.

I have seen girls on here though that are different from me where they actually catch the eggie but it cant attach because their lining is too thin.

So what people generalise with clomid isnt necessarily what actually happens to everyone. I for example wish it would do its job for me and make me ovulate which it is supposed to do

It will be worth trying, as they say, if you never try then you never know :) good luck

Not sure if this will help, but while on Clomid I've also been given Estrace and progesterone meds...to counteract the negative aspects of Clomid, ie. thinning of the lining and reduced CM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->