Is cramping of the uterus 'normal'

~Hope

Reaction score
I don't remember ever having period pains before I started taking the BCP back when I was 20 (12 years ago) - and while I was on said BCP I used to get a slight ache during my period every few months but nothing more than a distraction.

Since coming off the BCP I seem to be having cramps all the time!

Last month I had full on - making me cry - cramps for two days prior to the :witch: finally arriving.

This cycle I've had them on and off since about 2DPO. They're worse in the night time - one night I had to get up and go watch tv as they were so bad and I couldn't sleep. They seem to come on if I have something pressing against my tummy - seat belt/trouser waist band etc.

A hot water bottle helps.

Is this normal for a non BCP cycle to have period pain cramps but not during your period??

Oooh hunni, I'm sorry to hear that you've got it that bad.

My cramps are definitely worse since coming off bcp but they don't sound as bad as yours. Maybe someone has an idea for a natural way of lessening those cramps.

good luck hunni.

It's your body trying to adjust. It takes some woman more than a couple months to starighten out. I know it hurts pretty bad, not drinking caffine before period helps too. I used to have horrific cramps. I was told taking calcium helps, so when i was in pain I'd eat 1 or 2 Viactive(choco calcium chews). They helped a ton!! Good luck and hope everything balances quickly for ya!:flower:

I get this too. from the day before ov sometimes for up to 10dpo. Its horrible! I have no answers unfortunately! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->