Is deciding to have another baby a logical decision?

xQuinnx

Reaction score
I've posted something similar before but can't get this out of my head!
My daughter is 10 months old, I had a traumatic time during labour but have just started to feel like I'm ok with what happened.

I keep thinking about babies, having another baby, how exciting it would all be, how wonderful it would be to have another member of our family, how nice it would be be (maybe) for my daughter to have a sibling. On the other hand I don't feel quite ready to be pregnant again and sometimes I feel terrified of having another child because I know what's coming if that makes sense?

Is the decision to have another child a logical one? As in you make a decision on pros/cons (as well as wanting one of course!) as opposed to just 'knowing' it's what you want?!

Before getting pregnant with my daughter me and my husband 'knew' we wanted a child and that even though it would be the toughest thing ever it was 100% the right decision. He would love another child and would like to try now if it wasn't for the fact we had just bought a house and our finances aren't great however I have a feeling if it was only up to him he would only postpone trying for another 6 months.

I feel lost and scared of making the wrong decision :-/ anyone else in the same boat?

I feel very similar. I know we should probably wait, as I don't quite feel ready. But I really do want a second child and we struggles with years of infertility and have no idea how long it will take. We want a smaller age gap so just decided to jump in when ds turned 11 months.

I kinda figure when it happens things will all fall into place. I tried a pros and cons list of trying now vs waiting and the reasons for waiting while somr where good weren't worth the risk of waiting if it takes awhile.

I could have written this post myself. My son has just turned 3 and I'm only now starting to try for number 2.

I'm not sure it was a logical decision but the reasons not to started to be out numbered by the reasons to, so we did lol. I haven't put may labour behind me as such (well I had because I thought I'd never do it again, now I'm considering it that's a different story) but I'm having some more counselling to deal with the fears and anxieties. Not being able to breastfeed wrecked me mentally last time too so I'm taking steps well in advance this time to improve my chances.

I want our son to have a sibling and really, bar the excruciating back to back labour, pre eclampsia, magnesium sulphate, induction, forceps delivery, episiotomy and infection, I loved being pregnant and being a mummy is quite literally the best thing I've ever done, so I just really want to have another go at it.

Good luck with your decision. There are people that need to weigh up the pros and cons before making a decision, I think I am one of those people, but by doing so I can move forward with my decision, confident that I've given it due consideration. If you're like that too, then work out the pros and cons and take it from there.

I feel the same & the last 2 yrs i been really not wanting another as like you say 'you know whats coming'.. My fears are less of the delivery even though that scares me, i had a planned csection with my son. I had an ectopic a little over 2 years ago & it threw me right out, our son has just turned 3 & the tantrums are horrid Lol & this was the part ive always dreaded. But then i think of how it can be diff second time around, more easier & let stuff be as you have been there before.. I loved being pregnant & bumptious & having the scans, im starting get used to the idea of being of being pg again ����

Thank you ladies. Me and my husband had decided to wait a couple of months and then see how we felt just in terms of finances but the last few days he's been really hinting/pushing to not use contraception BUT just prior to this he was saying how maybe we should be more careful while our finances etc settle so I'm a bit confused now :-/ think we need to talk! Ha

My daughter is also 10 months, and although we don't feel ready, we just decided to go for it. We've always only wanted 2 kids, with less than a 2 year gap in between and I don't want to have regrets later from waiting longer. Deciding to have the first was easy compared to this...I kinda feel like we're not having another one for us, but for her to have a close sibling, if that makes sense? I know without a doubt that I'll love the next child just as much, but it's hard to fathom having another baby as perfect as our first. It's not a logical decision for us, we're not struggling financially but we don't have much extra either. But I figure we already have all the baby equipment and furniture, and clothes if we have another girl, how much more can a second baby cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"