Is flying safe?

my dr told me when i was preg with lilly i could fly in the 1st tri it was fine..... i have tryed to get a hol in before this bump is due but would be going with my parents in june and the airline state that if when flying back you are 34 you cant fly with them.... and between 29-33 weeks theywant a drs note to say your fit to fly xxx

I was told the 2nd trimester was the best for flying because:

a. risk of miscarriage has decreased dramatically.
b. nausea and symtoms also decreased.
c. still not close to giving birth.

I just booked my tickets from Finland to California in the 2nd trimester. They say that flying the 2nd is preferable because you might be too queasy in the 1st and too big to be comfortable in the 3rd. Should be safe up until late pregnancy though.

I just booked my tickets from Finland to California in the 2nd trimester. They say that flying the 2nd is preferable because you might be too queasy in the 1st and too big to be comfortable in the 3rd. Should be safe up until late pregnancy though.

I think that most airlines won't accept pregnant women in their third tri.

my dr told me when i was preg with lilly i could fly in the 1st tri it was fine..... i have tryed to get a hol in before this bump is due but would be going with my parents in june and the airline state that if when flying back you are 34 you cant fly with them.... and between 29-33 weeks theywant a drs note to say your fit to fly xxx

I was told the 2nd trimester was the best for flying because:

a. risk of miscarriage has decreased dramatically.
b. nausea and symtoms also decreased.
c. still not close to giving birth.

they dr will write a note for any stage as long as your fit and well... it all depends on the airline them selfs my friend went at 33 weeks for 2 weeks and the airline was fine with it..... i went at 9 weeks when i was preg with lilly and i was fine xxx

ps 29 weeks is the 3rd tri..... so yeah the 2nd tri is prob the best time to go anywhere between 14 and 26 weeks..... but the 1st tri is still safe prob not the best time if your sickness id bad but mine was ok xx

I went on holiday 5 days after I found out I was pregnant. At the time I was about 5 weeks. I can honestly say that for it was the worst experience of my life and if I can I never intent to fly when pregnant again. I felt sick flying out and flying home, but this may have also been combined with travel sickness.

I tried to drink lots of water and before the plane took off asked for a few sick bags for just in case, which I unfortunately needed.

I made sure that I walked around as much as possible and kept moving my ankles, did stretches etc.

As soon as I found out i was pregnant I phoned my doctors and asked them if there was anything to avoid. My doctor advised that at the airport instead of going through the scanners to ask if I could be frisked instead just to be on the safe side which I did in the UK, but not when returning home from Egypt.

Have a great holiday hun, I'm sure your flying experience will be loads better than mine was.

Unless you have health problems, ie: prone to blood clots/deep vein thrombosis, etc. then you're okay through the 2nd tri typically. 2nd tri is the 'safest' time in a woman's pregnancy to fly. You're not having those first tri symptoms, and you're not at risk for MC/early labor.

You should ask your OB, because some women may not be clear for air travel at all during pregnancy. Also, keep in mind it can make your symptoms worse, so if you've been having a lot of morning sickness, you may be spending a lot of time in the bathroom.

In the 3rd, you're at risk for pre-term labor.

I flew 12 hrs. to Hawaii, and all is well for me! I did have lots of nausea/throwing up in the bathroom. And, I couldn't get comfortable due to having to pee every 5 minutes. Oh, and some guy ate this chicken that smelled sooo bad, and that made me throw up again. So, be careful of smells. Ie: perfume, other passenger's food, etc.

As soon as I found out i was pregnant I phoned my doctors and asked them if there was anything to avoid. My doctor advised that at the airport instead of going through the scanners to ask if I could be frisked instead just to be on the safe side which I did in the UK, but not when returning home from Egypt.

I never thought about the scanners before... they don't x-ray do they? What did your doctor say about them? How did they take your request at the airport?

I flew to Switzerland on the 2nd and returned on the 7th. Both midwife and GP advised it was absolutely fine as I was fit and healthy.

I also spoke to my insurance company who covered me and put a note on my record just in case. I went at 9 1/2 weeks and returned on the day I turned 10 weeks, no problems whatsoever. HTH.

Unless you have health problems, ie: prone to blood clots/deep vein thrombosis, etc. then you're okay through the 2nd tri typically. 2nd tri is the 'safest' time in a woman's pregnancy to fly. You're not having those first tri symptoms, and you're not at risk for MC/early labor.

You should ask your OB, because some women may not be clear for air travel at all during pregnancy. Also, keep in mind it can make your symptoms worse, so if you've been having a lot of morning sickness, you may be spending a lot of time in the bathroom.

In the 3rd, you're at risk for pre-term labor.

I flew 12 hrs. to Hawaii, and all is well for me! I did have lots of nausea/throwing up in the bathroom. And, I couldn't get comfortable due to having to pee every 5 minutes. Oh, and some guy ate this chicken that smelled sooo bad, and that made me throw up again. So, be careful of smells. Ie: perfume, other passenger's food, etc.
I think I will be fine because I have not had morning sickness..

Its totally fine :) If its a super long flight be sure to stretch your legs but other then that its just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->