is french toast safe?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I had some earlier and didn't think about it until I was halfway through. It was moist in the middle but nothing ran out if I squeezed it. The out sides were very crispy. You guys think the egg in it was cooked enough to be ok??? I had a MC three months or so before I got pregnant with this baby so I'm terrified of everything

At the end of the day either way it's too late anyway, most of the time even raw egg would be fine there's just an increased risk but remember it's still very small., if the egg was lightly cooked it was probably fine anyway. If is a lion stamped egg (uk) it will be fine. I really wouldn't worry.

What about spaghetti carbonara ? The egg is technically cooked ?
Bought ingredients for dinner tonight and then wondered ....?

OMG ladies eat up. I promise you'll be fine. These so called food restrictions are bs within reason and common sense. Stop the madness and enjoy your food!...now I want french toast!

If they are lion marked then you will be fine. I had some early on in my pregnancy and had a fried egg in a sandwich and my baby is fine. It's hard not to worry and guidelines change all the time when it comes to food x

The reason you shouldn't eat eggs raw (or undercooked) is because of the risk of salmonella. How many times have you eaten the things you're talking about using the same ingredients or from the same place WITHOUT getting salmonella? I'm going to guess all of them. :haha:

I'd still avoid homemade mayonnaise that's been sat out at a bbq for hours and I'd feel a little ropey about runny eggs at a buffet that have been sat out for ages but if it's hot and fresh and it's something you usually eat from a reputable place, don't worry about it!

You will be fine. Trust me. You're more likely to get sick by not washing your hands before you eat anything than from eating french toast, or eggs for that matter. Lol

Thanks for easing my minds ladies :) I'm just so scared of my own shadow with this pregnancy after losing the last one. I'll feel better after my ultrasound at 7.5 weeks

Think about sunny side up eggs with the clear stuff on top. That's considered "cooked". Im sure the toast was cooked at least as much as that. Don't worry!

I think the food thing is overcautious a lot of the time!

Jamie Oliver has said that salmonella doesn't really exist anymore, that's probably only in the UK with the lion stamped eggs but it's true...I've never been sick from it in my life, so what are the chances?

I know this may sound wierd to most of you ladies but I am from the west indies. When we cook we season raw meat and mix it with our hands. Then to make sure it seasoned properly I taste my hand then wash them. I've never been sick. Ever. That's how I learned to cook. I've been cooking since I was 10 yrs old. Throughout all my pregnancies. I just don't buy into all the food restrictions. Some are really over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->