Is getting fatter a good sign?

Lizzie Lou

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone else is noticing tighter clothes this early on (around 7/8wks) and whether it can be a sign that things are growing ok? I'm hugely worried about another mmc but didn't get any bigger last time yet the last couple of days I've really noticed that a lot of my trousers are getting a bit snug (but maybe I'm just being a pig!!)

Your not really getting fatter, unless of course your eating junk so it'll be hard not to get fat! But in the early weeks, everything is stretching and expanding which makes your belly appear bigger. Most women get bloated aswell which makes your belly bigger.

At around 10/11 weeks you should start to notice the bloat go down a bit.

Yeah - I've got bloat too - my fave jeans get really tight - v annoying. I don't think I have gained weight, but I do feel as though I have changed shape - like got thicker somehow around the waist and abdomen.

I have terrible bloat lol.....hun i dont know much about MMC but im sure that every nice normal pregnancy sign is a good one, try not to stress to much hun xxxxxx

I'm only 4 weeks and I feel HUGE. I'm constantly hungry but trying to eat healthily and I still have a massive belly. I know it's bloating because this is how I look when my IBS is seriously bad but I look about 6months gone!

I had that huge bloating too,and when I tried to pull on my fave jeans they weren't going over my hips!

It does go away a bit at about 10 weeks,mine has but I have changed shape quite quickly.
My waist(well not got one now!)and shape are just rounder.

Wait until 6 months plus and your waddling like a penguin!

I had very bad bloat and couldnt fit into any of my jeans so had to leave the button undone and wear long tops....I then got a cheap pair of maternity jeans which are a huge relief but I cant wear them to and from work so its so uncomfy. I have gained weight since getting pregnant but to be honest my diet has never ever been better as all I could stomache for a few weeks was milk and fruit....and the other week I did have it bad for crisp sandwiches but limited myself. So I just wonder if its poo as am so consitapted(sorry TMI!)

But to be honest I was worried at being in mat jeans at 8 weeks but my diet is healthy and I get regular excersise so what more can I do?

Emma.xx

I think id put on a littel weight from all the meds i was on (never weighed myself to see) but my trousers definately got tighter and my shape changed a little (you can see in my belly pics)

Its bloating hun, will probably be there for the next few weeks.
Baby bump will start to show some time after 12 weeks as thats when your uterus and baby comes out from behind ur pelvis.
X

I had terrible bloat, so i've been out of close fitted stuff since 6 weeks. im now getting fat xxxxxxx

I've got horrendous bloat!! I'm just past 8 weeks and have had to go and buy a bigger size of clothes for work. Also feel my jeans getting tighter, having to undo my button by the end of the day. Definitely feel like my shape is changing too, I'm a typical pear shape so carry all my weight in my behind and thighs. Can really feel my stomach getting bloated and my waist getting bigger.

Haven't put on a lot of weight over the last 8 weeks, maybe just a 2/3 pounds but things are definitely tighter!

I'm SUPER bloated and I can't fit into my jeans anymore. Yikes

I noticed HUGE bloat before I even found out I was pregnant (which was this morning). I am only around 4 weeks and I can't button my pants!!! I have to unbutton them and unzip them at work, hiding in my cube! This is my second pregnancy and I did show relatively early with the first one, too, but 4 weeks seems obnoxious!!! Do you think something's wrong with me????

Ive put on so much weight in the first trimester its shamefull.... I tried to eat healthy and I have managed that but some days I eat like a small army.....:cry: I have however kept up my daily walking and doing pilates and pregnancy classes at the local gym and im trying desperatelty to get back on track...... 13 weeks preggo and I look 6 month gone....:dohh: lol

What is a "stone"? LOL... I am assuming this is not an American term, hehe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->