Is he getting enough fluids?

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
My baby is starting to worry me, he hardly has anything to drink with his meals, a few sips of water and thats about it, hes on 3 bottles a day 70z each time and usually has the lot, tonight he refused his bedtime bottle for the first time, which was odd, but I worry if he is getting enough fluids as obv his milk intake has gone down and his food intake has increased. I know of older kids which always seem to be drinking something, but what about at this age - 7 months?

Jess has started doing the same latley he had about 5 4-5oz bottles a day, I didn't panic cos hv said he needs around 20 oz a day could be more or less, and he eats three meals a day too, he has had a snotty nose and sore throat the last few days and has dropped his bottles to about 3oz each still eating loads though, am wondering if its his cold making the bottle difficult. not sure wether to give him liquid with meals incase that means he'll have even less bottle.
Think I'll wait till the cold goes and see whats happening, maybe its cos he's started eating alot more food.
Sorry that probaby didn't help much but you're not the only one with it going on at the mo:hugs:

i worry about liquids sooo much! luca has to have rice cereal in his bottles to thicken them up because of reflux, so he gets even less liquid :(. doc said that as they get older alot of there water comes from the fruits and veggies! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->