Is heating pad safe?

sil

Reaction score
I've had the most horrible backache lately. I would love to use a heating pad, but I know the doctor said no very hot baths/showers, so I assume that means no heating pads as well? What if it is my upper back?

Heating pads I thought were fine so long as you don't use them while you sleep at night bc you don't want to cause overheating. Upper back seems perfectly fine to me. I plan on using one in my lower back before bed tonight. If you start sweating then you're overheating.

I was told 'if it is so hot it turns your skin pink its too hot.' :thumbup: thought that was a fairly easy rule to follow!

at my latest prenatal visit, i asked that question because my feet were very cold as they normally are anyway, and i wanted to use a foot warmer/massager. doctor OK'd it without a problem. she didnt tell me anything specific other than "thats fine" but i assume dont use it long enough to make you feel overheated.

today my boyfriend bought me the best foot warmer/massager system as well as a separate electric heating pad for my back since thats been achey as well. ive yet to use them but i will ASAP

I'd ask your own dr to be sure, but when I was pregnant my OB told me heating pads were fine. He said I didn't want to do anything to raise my body's core temperature, like sitting in a hot tub.

My upper back KILLED while I was pregnant and I used a heating pad, helped a lot. The doctor told me to not use it longer than an hour at a time and do NOT sleep on it, otherwise it's alright :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->