Is it a boy or is it a girl.. sonagrapher vs midwife?

stomp110

Reaction score
At my 20 week scan i was told it was a boy but couldnt be 100%...
and at my 38 week midwife appointment we were chatting as she felt my belly..
Midwife: Do you no the sex of the baby
Me: Oh yeah its a boy
Midwife: *confused look* feels about AGAIN does the heartbeat AGAIN...
Midwife: By the weight, position and heartbeat i would of said a girl...

NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR AS YOUR ABOUT TO DROP...
I dont no what to do.. nothing i can do, iv broguht everything blue...

Who would you believe? xx

The sonographer tbh, my mw was convinced my baby was head down yesterday, thing is I just left the hospital where a scan showed her head in my ribs :lol:

defo the sonographer, you cannot tell by positioning and heartbeat!

but tbh the sonagrapher wasnt that sure either.. lol... oh bloody hell! just what i need.. and then she done my blood presure.. oh course its going to be higher!! im scared to death now haha :D

Id say the same..go with what the scan showed as they can actually see the bits.xx

Rósa;9878067 said:
The sonographer tbh, my mw was convinced my baby was head down yesterday, thing is I just left the hospital where a scan showed her head in my ribs :lol:

Lol 100 times this! Exactly the same happened to me... Was told by midwife that baby was 3/5 engaged only to find the next day that he was breech!

Go by the sonographer and visuals. Position and heartbeat are kinda old wives tales about determining sex.

I would say go with the scan as I thought the heartbeat thing was meant to be an old wives tale :shrug:

the sonographer any day of the week your midwife hasent got xray eyes lol i remember telling my midwife my baby was breech and she wouldnt have none of it she insisted that baby was head down she had to choke on her words when i was in labour and they tried to fit a clip onto her head only to find it was her bum! lmao x

Believe the Sonographer - my midwife checked heartbeat last week and was surprised it was ranging beteeen 150 and 160 - she said normally girls have a heart rate like that at my gestation, not boys!!

I can categorically guarantee mine is a boy.... we had a 4D scan a week before my check up and you can clearly see a penis and two testicles! Without that I would have been thrown into a flux like you.

The only way a MW can tell is when she see's the babys bits!

x

lol..your midwife needs to stop listening to old wives tales! What an odd assumption to make and how un-professional to make such an ill formed conclusion!! Definitely listen to the sonographer, they are equipped with modern technology which is there for a purpose! Probing the stomach and listening to the babies heartbeat is at no way more accurate at guessing the babys sex than reading tarot cards!!

Thanks girls - i really dont no what i would do without you :)

amazing how much support you can get from strangers :D xx

Definately go by the sonographer. I am a midwife and I wouldn't dare say what she said to anyone. Afterall, we havent got xray vision. God some midwives! lol

:)

Sonographer. My mum was convinced that she was having a boy and the midwife told her that she was pretty sure she was having a boy to because of postion, heartrate etc and out I popped with my girl bits!

The first pics of me are taken with me wearing a blue sleepsuit!

the sonographer .

I was told baby was head down at the midwife and I had a scan the next day and he was lying across my belly. Yesturday she told me he was breech yet I can feel his head one side and bum other x

I have to agree with everyone else.....go with the sonographer.....she actually had a visual! I can't believe the MW would even say such a thing!!! I'd be fuming mad!!! Can't believe she put doubts in your head!

The midwife told my friend (while in early labour) that it was a boy based on heart rate, position etc. Well the following day she gave birth to a little girl! I would go by sonographer xx

I spoke to this MW the other day .. she was rather ditsy .. she said girl and boy heartbeats sound different... I do not think this is true lol I think some of them just don't know..

I have to agree with everyone else.....go with the sonographer.....she actually had a visual! I can't believe the MW would even say such a thing!!! I'd be fuming mad!!! Can't believe she put doubts in your head!

Exactly what I thought, the sonographer had a visual. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->