Is it acceptable to wear smart jeans at a Christening

Janidog

Reaction score
As the title says - is it okay to wear smart jeans to a christening?

Its not my sons christening and im not a god parent

TBH I wouldn't, but thats just me, I'd rather go somewhere and be 'over dressed' than 'under dressed' iykwim.

Personally if they're smart and comfy i would, but then if your asking then could it be that you don't think it is ok and you just need to justify it? Don't stress too much, i doubt anyone would say anything and at the end of the day if you're comfotable then who cares. My LO's christening is in a couple weeks and i'm struggling with what to wear as Jeans seem to be the only thing I have that fits!!!!

I would wear what you want, especially in a church because I highly doubt God will look down on you for wearing denim...but thats just my opinion :flower:

i wouldnt chic but there again my friends are all catholic and its always a big do !!x

I must be the only woman who hates getting dressed up :haha:

I cant stand wearing dresses and i am so comfy in jeans, also the church will no doubt be cold :cold: I hate having cold feet or just being cold :haha:

im going to a christening on sunday an my lo will be in jeans and a shirt.

I personally wouldn't but if I had to I'd probably opt for black jeans instead of blue ;)

I don't think I would personally, as people tend to get very dressed up for a Christening! I went to one a couple of years ago and wore trousers and a nice top and felt under dressed as all the ladies were wearing dresses and hats! That said, if they were a nice pair of black jeans then maybe I would if worn with the right top :)

xx

I told DH it was ok when we attended a Christening before Christmas. Everyone was wearing suits and smart clothes and he he felt awful and threw me daggers everytime someone else walked in...until the Dad arrived wearing smart jeans too! I guess it just depends what you wear it with, but personally I would!

for my nephews i wore high wasted jeans a shirt tucked in and heals

i personally wouldnt, id have been pretty pissed if someone turned up to my sons christening with jeans on, balck or blue wheather your a god parent or not, in my opinion, its a sign of respect, same as you wouldnt wear a white dress to a wedding or white trousers to a funeral iykwim, but thats just me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->