Is it bad to .....

PrEgSeCoNdJoY

Reaction score
eat sushi while pregnant i had a lite craving and had one today should i let the doctor know?? I wasn't even thinking about it when i actually ate it but now i am starting to worry !!!

We're not supposed to have raw sushi. If it's cooked, like a California roll, it's okay. The only things my doctor specifically warned be about is raw fish/meat and not to eat too much tuna. If you've already eaten it, you can't exactly un-eat it at this point. You'll most likely be okay, and so will the bean.

I did a lot of research about this as I was also craving it, and most sushi is absolutely fine, even raw sushi, this is because just about all sushi that you can get in shops and restaurants has been frozen for at least 24 hours, this is in order to kill parasites that are what carries the risk. There is a lot of contradictory information on the internet though, so if in doubt, don't eat it or ask to make sure that it has been deep frozen. But after doing my research, I was happy to eat sushi based on recommendations from medical websites.

i know we're not supposed to but i must admit when i was pregnant and in new york i had it almost every night. i just don't buy into 'research' and 'hype', what do pregnant Japanese women eat? do French women not eat brie and pate???! i think anything in moderation is fine.... my son is six months old, the brightest child in our area according to my health visitor. just do what you feel comfortable with. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->