Is it bad....

sassymrsbee

Reaction score
That I am spying on my online registry at Target.com and getting excited when stuff gets purchased! :)
My mom thinks its horrible and ruining the surprise of what I will get at the baby shower, but the way I see it, I made a registry for a reason, so people would know what I wanted!

What do you ladies think? Do you put together an online registry and then not look to see what gets purchased, or do you check it to see how it goes?

Wow, we do things so differently in the uk. We don't expect gifts at all, people just buy a small outfit or toy or something similar. We don't get bought big things by anyone other than our parents and that's just done with the first baby.

Hehe I looked at mine too I'm not going to lie. After your baby shower you will also get a 10% off card for something on your registery thy wasn't purchased!

Wish that happened here lol
We have a shower and get what you get, normally nappies and cloths and parents and sometimes other family members if they feel like it buy the bigger things.

haha i do the same thing. the way i see it, it will be a surprise who gets what.

having a registry is great, you just have to put things on there with different price ranges so people are not pressured to spend $.

We don't have things like that here but if we did you can bet I'd be doing what you are. :haha: I'm rubbish with surprises. Can never wait!!

I did it! I couldn't help myself. It didn't ruin the shower at all though (It was just this past Saturday). :)

I did that with my first! Lol I mean hey you made the registry its not like you don't know what you may get

I prob will too :haha: but people don't usually use them in our friends and family lol I get yelled at do them then I do and they don't use them! :haha: oh well id start looking now but the invites went out yesterday lol

I haven't been looking at mine but people who can't come to my shower have been sending gifts they've bought off the registry to our house. So far we have the crib, the mattress, the changing table, baby carrier and lots of little things. I love it when the UPS guy comes :)

I stalk mine too hehehe. Only one or two things were bought off of it for mt first shower. My second shower is this saturday (had two bc my family lives an hr away)
Mostly people get stuff from other placez but its usually the same types of items on ur registry anyways. We have had some gifts ppl bought and had shipped to the house like the swing, diapers and wipes, bottles and diaper bag. And family members out of state send packages too

I'll probably look at mine too. i already bought all my big stuff and have already had 2 people get irritated with me for doing that, so I know they've been out shopping! ...may go take a look in a minute :)

Glad to know its not just me! I didnt want a registry in the first place, I felt weird "asking" for things, but so many people were asking when I was going to build one that I went ahead and did it. :)

My invitations haven't gone out yet, but I will probably end up peeking... I did for my wedding registry. My hubby got on my case because he wanted a surprise.

Most people don't even order from the registry. Even when people do order from the registry, they usually forget to tell the cashier, so the cashier doesn't take it off your list and then you end up with two of stuff. This happened at my friend's baby shower a few weeks ago, I got kind of annoyed because someone gave her the same thing from her registry that I did, and obviously they didn't have the cashier mark it off. Then she got my gift second and it was like "ohh yay, another of the same thing..." so my gift didn't get the proper oo's and ahh's that it deserved. :growlmad:

i dont think its "asking" for stuff. all my friends who had babies had registries and i bought gifts off them and loved it. i would rather spend my money on something that is needed instead of something that will lie around and collect dust or be regifted over and over :)

Oh my goodness, just reading all the replies! Do people a tally buy you your main things like crib, cot or steriliser etc? With my first my mum bought me a load of second hand crap at the last minute and the woman didn't even want any payment. The stuff was awful. The rest of our families just gave us around two inexpensive baby outfits or most even just the one outfit. A few people gave around twenty pounds. That's it! With the second we just got some clothes again, no bigger gifts. Even my mum just bought a few baby grows! We bought every single other item ourselves and kept them all in good condition for number three. Funny how things are done so differently in different places xxx

Its more like people want to do these things for us in the states. No one really buys me expensive things. Mostly like towels toys or clothes the only person that ever buys me at lest anything expensive is my aunt...and that's cuz I'm her fav :haha:

I have been doing that too. It's not like you won't know what you're going to get - you made the registry! The surprise is who buys what items. I had a shower this past Sunday and have another coming this Sunday. I was definitely surprised at who bought the big ticket items!

Alot of people split items to pay for... Like my work friends all chipped in and got me my travel set. Stroller and car seat which im soooo excited about. It was probably only $50 a person or so. It's not like everyone spends $200 on something. We make registerys here so people buy us what we need. Rather then something we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->