Is it important.................

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Kelz22, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

To eat 200/300 more calories a day while being in the 3rd trimester?Or does it not really matter?Thanks :) xxx

2. jmac

jmac Well-Known Member

I haven't analysed it or eaten in terms of consciously taking in extra calories but did find that I had a period of being more hungry so was just careful to make sure that I was taking on healthy-ish additional stuff - odd bowl of cereal, extra fruit, mousse etc. Am now 37+5 and have found that my appetite is kind of normalising again so think you just need to go with what your body is asking for at any particular time, regardless of what the books might say.

3. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

I think it's important to eat more if you're feeling hungry, normally your body will tell you what it needs. The stuff you have to think about is - what should that next snack be made up of! *laughs* Keep in mind that you need more calcium so milkshakes are a plus. :)

4. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

no i have never counted a clorie or obsessed over it, i just eat whet i need - usually little and often due to indegestion and not having space to fit a lot of food now lol

5. Ash_P

Ash_P Due Feb with 1st

I dont count cals at all, not once since I found out I was pregnant have i worried about the intake of cals.
    Although pregnancy suits me cause Iv lost 3 stone since the beginning, and bubs is growing perfectly.
    I have craved sweets, chocolates and ice lollies from early pregnany which are obviously high in calories and i still aint putting on weight.

Just make sure that u just eat when ur hungry and eat what u feel u need.
    baby will take what it needs from u and it`ll be grand x

6. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Off topic but just seen you are from Northern Ireland as well :D Were in Belfast are you from?I used to live in Belfast myself.xxx

7. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

yeah i just eat when i am hungry, but then i have lost weight all the way through, i am 2 stone lighter now (and overdue) then my pre pregnancy weight! although the rate this bump is growing i will be back up there soon :S

8. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I wouldn't have a clue how many calories I eat in a day, certainly haven't made an effort to eat any more in 3rd tri.
    As everyone else said, I just eat when I'm hungry, and use the 200 calorie thing as an excuse if I fancy some chocolate - ha ha.

9. weffi82

weffi82 Well-Known Member

ive never counted calories but i seem to be eating less at the moment (35wk) as i feel more full!!think my lo must be huge cos everyone is surprised when i tell them im not due until Jan!!

10. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls :) xxx