Is it just me, or do u think twice too?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by FEDup1981, Oct 22, 2008.

1. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

I know theres a lot already said about the credit crunch but ......

do you think twice about putting your central heating on?

I have never ever thought twice, ALWAYS just turned it on if i feel a bit of a chill...up until now, i darent turn it on. We put our dressing gowns on, and freeze. We only moved in this house in June, and its a really cold house, the heating doesnt really warm the rooms up, but i darent leave it on for hours :hissy:

2. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

We don't need our heating on much as we live in a block of flats so everyone elses heating keeps up warm :)

3. hotsexymum

hotsexymum mum of 4

i put mine on for an hour and have primark blackets for every one

4. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

Im dreading my leccy bill. I've used my drier far too much this month

5. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

i darent even put my dryer on, i have clothes hanging all around the house on hangers if i cant get them out,

im glad i havent got a young baby, i remember the washing (though its not much less now!) and the constant having to keep the house warm.

6. baby.love

baby.love Guest

I must admit last winter i would just flick the switch and enjoy the warmth, but this year is so different, i am finding myself debating if it really is cold enough and if i can justify doing it.

7. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

I only have mine on when the kids are in....right now im sat here in my coat and my hands are blue lol

8. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Yeah i'm like this I feel really guilty for turning the heating on and just put extra clothes on instead!

9. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Sorry for bringing back the thread but I've been away for a few days!

I've always thought twice before turning on the heating. Not just because of saving money but also to save the environment. I'd rather sit in a blanket than put the heating on. It has to be very very cold indeed and there to be more than just me in the house for me to put it on during the day but we do have it on in the morning and evening when we're both in.

10. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

i defo think twice. and lights too! i'm sat in the semi dark now. i feel like the man off the adverts on telly atm, always shoutig at OH thatits like blackpool illuminations!

am pissed off today tho, cos its been cold and i've had clothes dryin for a couple of days in the living room cos its taking so long to dry. just taken them down to iron them and they all smell of that mingin damp smell so i've had to washthem all and put my dryer on :(

11. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

We have a really cold house, but, no not too much. I mostly watch the lights...and computer. I make sure they are off when not in use. We keep the master bath door closed as there is alot of cool air coming from that room.

12. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

My house doesnt get too cold at the mo, it is a new house (2 1/2 years old) so quite well insulated, it was abit chilly earlier so I put the heating on but I find half hour bursts seem to do the trick, it sometimes needs to go on in the evening but dont need it in the mornings yet.

I do hate having all the lights on though but saying that I have just been upstairs and put the kids lamps on coz otherwise they will put all of the big lights on which I hate, they are so harsh, I have 3 lamps on in my lounge.

I have just paid my most recent electric bill, £160 for 3 months, is quite high but we have had my mum here and she has long showers in the am with the power shower and dries her hair every morning with the hair dryer which takes her at least 10 minutes even tho her hair is short, not sure if the high bill was coz of the extra use of electric or the credit crunch and rising prices

13. butterflies

butterflies Well-Known Member

My heating is off if there is no one is, but otherwise if its cold and just putting an extra jumper on isn't enough the heating goes on. I'm lucky that my house retains heat well so it doesn't have to be on for too long for it to warm up for hours.
    I still use my dryer for what i need to, i've tried hanging everything around the house etc, but find it takes a while to dry quite often and then smells "damp & funny" so needs re washing, so thinking that its false economy i use it to get stuff dry and put away. Though i don't dry alot, because most of my stuff cant be tumbled!!!!!!