Is it just me or is the 1st trimester the most undermined trimester?!

I could not have said this better myself!! this is my first pregnancy so at first I was soo excited & then a few minutes later I was worrying about everything especially miscarriage.. my husband kept on saying o I don't think anythings gonna happen everything will be alright. soo then I tell one of my really good friends (who had been trying 4 her first baby a few months) about me being pregnant & all she says is "o well I wouldn't tell anyone cuz anything can happen" I was soo unbelievably pissed but mainly hurt! o well anyway I guess cuz ever since that day she has completely stopped talking 2 me when we used 2 talk all the time. && I don't know if this is something I should have gotten mad over but I did get mad.. it was my MIL.. she text me & asked me about how I was feeling & everything ... I told her about my HCG levels looking good & everything & she goes "o good. but do they have any concerns?" I have just completely shut her out since that day when I was only like 5 weeks lOl. maybe I over reacted? anyway NOBODY should say things like that 2 any pregnant woman EVER! its just flat out rude! o yea one more thing happened lOl sorry I keep going on! anyway I went over 2 my dad & stepmoms house.. this was when I very first found out I was pregnant & hadn't even had an ultrasound yet. my stepmom & I were talking about me being pregnant & everything so I show her my pregnancy test from planned parenthood.. she says "but its faint?" im like HELLO?! u have had 2 kids u should know that a faint positive is still a positive! & it wasn't really that faint at that point! I was pretty much just looking at her like she said the dumbest thing ever.. but n a way it kind of hurt? almost like she was doubting I was really pregnant or something? anyway screw all these people lOl!

Rant alert. It didn't bother me during my first pregnancy, but for some reason with this pregnancy it really bothers me how people undermine the first trimester of pregnancy. Maybe it's because I already have a baby, it seems more real to me? I'm not sure, but when I told my sister I was pregnant her boyfriend was like "well you don't know for sure yet" and when I told my boss that I probably wouldn't want to travel because I'll be really pregnant by then he made a comment like "well it's still early, anything could happen". Even my daycare lady told me "not to make any plans yet."

I feel like those comments are bad juju and are only okay for me to sayI swear if one more person says anything negative about my pregnancy I'm going to snap!

Those are some of the most ignorant comments EVER. And when I hear shit like that I just can't not respond.
To you're sister's bf: um, yes we do know now, it's a for sure thing, it like one of those easy things to figure out, if it's a cat it's def not a dog, you're either pregnant or you're not. Spin on heel, walk away.
To the arrogant boss who thinks he knows it all " yes you're right, it's early yet and I know I'm having a baby which is why I prefer to be prepared and plan ahead'.
To the daycare worker "oh thanks but I've made big plans, very excited for them too!' Big smile and wink.

Education is vital so that these wanks think first the next time they treat a pregnant lady like that.:growlmad::grrr: before you snap think of some clever things to rebut dumb comments like that, sometimes it requires teaching people how you want to be treated rather than tolerating other people's sourness.

Forum hopping here as I'm I'm not even pregnant at the moment, but I think you put it really well.

To the better not make plans anything can happen comments I think I'd be tempted to say, "yeh, I suppose you could be hit by a bus before the baby is born, its better to wait until closer to the time to make plans":)

Forum hopping here as I'm I'm not even pregnant at the moment, but I think you put it really well.

To the better not make plans anything can happen comments I think I'd be tempted to say, "yeh, I suppose you could be hit by a bus before the baby is born, its better to wait until closer to the time to make plans":)

:rofl: yes, I could be hit by an asteroid before I give birth or yea your right, I we could be bombed by the Russians before baby comes...the oceans could melt and drown us all, the more rediculous the more fun:haha:

Thanks, this thread has given me ammo for the next stupid that walks my way.:dohh:

Haaa thats so funny bunny!!!

This post is th best iv read yet it gets me exactly! My worst is my mum and sister. Told my sis last night and she was soo negativ only saying 'well i suppose congratulations are in order' err well that would b nice!!! I no shes just jelous but still!!!! And my mum is happy but keeps saying dont tell anyone u dont no what will happen.. makes me so mad!! Like if something did happen it would be a dirty secret?? No it wouldnt i love my little group of cells!!! X

Told my sis last night and she was soo negativ only saying 'well i suppose congratulations are in order' err well that would b nice!!!
:dohh: That's just plain rude from your sister. Maybe she's a minimalist but do you think she can hide her disappointment a little better? :nope:

Haha brilliant! I should of said that to MIL

Haha brilliant! I should of said that to MIL

Not sure I'd ever have the courage to actually say it but it might help some people realise what they are actually saying.

Spot on, I think people need to think before opening big gobs.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"