is it just me, weight issues, feeling down?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry of this post offends anyone do not mean it to at all.

I have always had a thing about my weight although I have never starved myself I have always kept an eye on what I have eaten and kept my weight around 8st - 8st 4lbs. Never going above that and losing it quickly if I ever did. (I am approx 5ft 5" and was 8st4 when I found out I was pregnant in Jan)
I have always been fairly happy with my figure after leaving school and liked being able to wear fitted things, was a little tubby when going through primary and early secondary school and always felt it to be honest.
Anyway, I am now at 9st and I know that I am putting it on for a reason but I am finding it really hard to find nice things to wear and like what I see when I look in the mirror, finding it hard when hubbys family ask to see my tummy when I am hiding under baggy clothes etc, feel very self concious and refused yesterday trying to laugh it off.
Guys at work have said that they can see I am putting it on 'all over' so to me thats not baby weight then?
I have told hubby how I feel but he just says 'you're pregnant' and I know its for a reason and I am eating, would never starve the baby and it is very wanted but I can't help this down feeling and trying to hide under big baggy clothes.
Is it just me? How can I shake myself out of this as I know I have more to put on.

:hugs:

Putting on weight can be a VERY sensitive subject honey. A lot of woman feel that way and its normal. You have to remember that the little baby inside you WANTS you to gain weight, you are creating a safe home for the baby. Im sure you still look beautiful, even though you may not feel it. For some woman they NEVER embrace their bumps and they can not stand they way they look pregnant, while others LOVE their bumps and love looking pregnant. I weighed 130 and now I am 165 pounds and 26 weeks pregnant..I gained a lot of weight and I am not even done yet!!! I get sad when I see my weight on the scale, but I learned to love my bump, it's Caylees home and it means shes growing and that to me is beautiful. :hug:

def not just you hun ive had weight problems in the past but dont want to go into it.

its horrible when you've had issues with your weight to see the scales going up and up. people have said to me lil things like your putting it on all over and your face is chubbier and i hate that with a passion. makes me feel so much more self concious.

i still havent worked out how to cope with it yet. hope someone has :(

Guys at work are dumb lol ...some women gain weight all over and some dont...and it all depends on the pregnancy...
I'm 5'2 and I've never weight more than 115lbs until the last couple of years grrrrrrr
with my son...I was all belly...with my daughter is was ALL over...and I lost it in a month after I had her...with this one I'm really scared because I've been very unhapppy with my weight...therefore, I am trying my best so I don't gain the unnecessary weight....but I'm still not obsessing about it...because I havent gained that much weight!!!! but baby is ok...and I know what to eat since I'm constantly hungry grrrrr.

I was a model and that messes with you head even more...so I know where you are coming from :(
I feel like a fat cow...and a bit unatractive at times :(
but I know theres a baby in there so I'm not swaeting that too much...I just scared about the after.

Ladies I know where you are coming from as I spent the whole of my last pg stressing about how 'fat' I was getting (I wrote a diary and recently read back through it cos it was 15 years ago!!) I was 23 years old then and had a BIG obsession with being as thin as possible (I started out at 9 stone / size 10/12 and I am 5 feet 8 ) and couldn't get to grips with my changing body. I gained 2 and a half stone in total and ended up weighing just over what my start weight was this time!! I felt enormous!!

This time - different story altogether, I started out at 11 stone 4 (size 14/16) and have gained 1 stone so far, I still have a shock when I see 12 stone 4 on the scales but I know that I am not gaining body fat but instead doing something amazing - I am growing a baby! Something I have come to realise over the years is that being skinny is NOT the be all and end all I thought it was and to be honest I am happier now than I have ever been!

I hope you all learn to love your changing bodies because being pregnant is a wonderful achievement and I think it looks beautiful !! :hugs:

I totally understand, but just keep reminding yourself that it isn't you, it is the baby, and you are giving the baby what it needs by gaining some weight. I just started noticing in the past couple of weeks my changing size and shape, but this weekend, I felt huge when I was out and I still am in that in between (looking fat vs. looking pregnant) stage. Just remember, it won't be long before it is all out front for the world to see, and you will just be proud of your big bump and excited. I agree that the in between is a tough time, but I think it will get better:)

i sooo get u.
i feel awful too, and like a whale and try to hide under clothes.
my butt got really big and although i always had a butt now it s even bigger.
i put on 16lbs already and am barelly at 20 weeks, and people tell me of u put on weight and hate it, only my husband loves all the extra pounds.
but i guess it comes with being pregnant, so i try to make the most of it and enjoy the pregnancy

https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3451/mybodygrrr.jpg

I'M THE ONE WITH THE BLACK SHIRT
that is the body I had AFTER my 2 kids (imagen before :() Good bye body :cry: lmao but I will work hard if I want it back....but I WILL have bigger boobs because I hit puberty on my late 20's...one day I woke up and I said, "where are my small B's??????"...they are a full C now...well right now I'm more like a small D thanks to the pregnancy lmao.
So girls...eat right and work out!!!!!!
we are no longer little girls who can eat and sit all day lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"