Is it me or are there a lot more BFP threads in the TTC section recently?...

mlyn26

Mummy to Isaac & Jasmine
Reaction score
...and i hate to say it but it is getting me a little down. Its okay when its a follow up from a previous thread but when its a am i arent i/faint line thread really should it not go in preg test gallery.

Apologies for the moan, i am feeling bit crappy and sure if i had a faint line i would be overjoyed and nervous etc too.

Moan over!!

:hugs:

i know what you mean, While TTC you cna be as happy as ever for someone who has a BFPbut at other times, you just dont want to know about it or see it ..... IT all depends with me personally, how my day has been :dohh:

Oh I understand what you mean but I find it gives me hope. I think if all I saw in here is people struggling and no actual result then I would lose the will a bit... But I agree sometimes it is a bit like a slap in the face.

True...about the giving us hope etc.... :thumbup:

Everybody has extra sensitive days, and it's hard to see people excited when you've just gotten bad news for the umpteenth time. I know what you mean, though. Some days I just can't take anything.

I get it, completely. It's hard when the thing that provides hope is also endlessly depressing! I would feel terrible if there was never a :bfp: to make me think that it's still possible... but I get so knotted up about when/if I'll EVER see a :bfp: each time I see someone else get one!

I don't know how to stay positive for myself... which is funny because I'm Little Miss Sunshine when it comes to everyone else and their chances each time! LOL I desperately want to see some of you ladies get your :bfp:s and be able to move on to first tri... but I want to go with you, dammit! :)

It depends on how you are feeling on a particular day. It can be depressing hearing about BFP after BFP but it is also just as nice to hear about other people as it gives you some hope when someone who has been trying for years suddenly gets a BFP after nothing for so long...

Yes it depends how I feel on that particular day, some days I am fine going into the BFP Announcements section for a nose... Other days I wouldn't dare because it would upset me and make me jealous. I don't like seeing them in the TTC section if I'm honest, although I like it if that person has been a part of a thread and is giving an update. When people make a thread in here it is like 'look at me I've got a BFP and you haven't! Congratulate me!'

I just try to remember that there are not a limited amount of BFPs, so people getting pregnant doesn't mean there is less of a chance I will get pregnant. X

I just try to remember that there are not a limited amount of BFPs, so people getting pregnant doesn't mean there is less of a chance I will get pregnant. X

That is hard to remember, is it? Seriously! I feel the same way! Like, Why are they taking all the 2nd lines? I need a 2nd line this month... please! Leave me one, ok? LOL

It depends on how I am feeling. At the moment, I wouldn't want to see any BFPs in ttc area as my PMA has now left me this past few days. Last night I got told "your cousing is 3 months pregnant and she didn't even know about it!" So, after 18 months trying and thinking I will be onto the 19th month soon, I was feeling quite down about it yesterday and when I got that news...well!! :Growl:

But most of the time, seeing the BFPs do give me hope and I am really excited and pleased for others. :)

it sometimes makes me feel a bit crappy. but other times, especially when they've been trying for a long time or had some difficulties etc, it just makes me hopeful.
i really hope i'll be over there soon.
& all of you
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Since :bfp:s can be a bit envy-inducing... I could post pics of SO MANY :bfn:s that no one would envy! LOL

lol meg i could join you with that one!!

i personally love to see the :bfp: it gives me hope also knowing that people i have been chatting to for months have got theirs makes me feel really happy for them...the thing that gets me down every month is seeing my :bfn: not their :bfp:

:) chin up girls it will happen one day for us then we can shout it from the rooftops :) xxx

We are all human so our feelings are perfectly natural, and the fact that we hang out here comparing notes, whingeing and cheering each other up, is because we really are caring individuals who are desperate for children of our own or siblings to grow our brood. The fact that there are :bfp: s showing up is a good sign - women are having babies, and I'm sure we'll join them at some point.

In the meantime, we have each other - although I must admit, I'm tired of being the auntie and never the mummy.

:bfp: s all round for the girls. Here's to babies in 2010.

Love and stuff K8

BFP threads aren't allowed in TTC, so if you see one I would click the post report button and ask a moderator to move it :)

Oh, I so have that feeling sometimes, too. And then I think about the ladies who have been at this many more years than me, and I wouldn't want to steal their 2nd line either.

You are all so right in every way.

I wouldnt want to report though as they are obviously caught up in their excitment and brilliant news (as we would be). And i understand when they update a thread as we all have followed their stories. I guess its nice to have the choice to wander over to announcements to congratulate when i am in a positive mind. Most people stick to the rules anyway and i guess like alot of you said it gives us hope!!

I hope all us determined gals get our BFP soon.

Thank you all for your wise words xxxx

Since :bfp:s can be a bit envy-inducing... I could post pics of SO MANY :bfn:s that no one would envy! LOL

There is a :bfn: thread in the gallery I started for a bit of a laugh! Its quite fun to do!

I agree with Rafwife.... the announcements section and gallery is there for a reason, that way you can choose to visit those sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->