Is it normal for her age?

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
My baby has NEVER slept through the night. On a good night she'll wake up twice for a bottle and usually go straight back to sleep. On a bad night she can be up every couple of hours. Sometimes she gets up and will NOT go back to sleep until she's had a play, a cuddle and a story! (If you try to put her back in her cot she will scream, scream, scream! - It's unusual for her to cry or scream so you have to get her up!) ... During the day she naps for 30minutes at most - used to be 20, but is going up now?! Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night, "talks" to herself and goes back to sleep. But ... Should she be sleeping through by now? She's almost 1. Her HV (who is a "does it by the book" person) says she MUST be sleeping through and if not there's something wrong ... Most babies I know have been sleeping through since they were 6 or 8 weeks old ... She goes to bed at 8pm. I wonder if she's waking for bottles because she doesn't drink much milk during the day. Since she started solids she dramatically cut her down her milk almost immediately, and hardly ever drinks more than 2 or 3 ounces at a time now

Not sure. My LO has only just started sleeping through the night and I thought mine was late! Few weeks ago my HV said that all babies are different and some sleep through by 6 weeks and others at 4 months, where I then (at the time) said my baby was 5 months and still waking! She said that all babies are capable of sleeping 12 hours at night and not requiring food and I need to look into sleep training (which I refuse to do) and luckily LO started sleeping super well since I introduced an extra meal in the day so avoided all the CC etc...

I honestly think babies will sleep through when they decide its the right time for it. I wouldnt force your LO into sleeping longer.

I think, as lame as it sounds, that all babies are different. Not all babies will need as much sleep as others. Some can settle themselves, some can't. Some are light sleepers and wake up easily, while other will sleep through a storm.

My Sophie has never STTN yet and I don't think she will anytime soon. She sucks at settling herself and is always hungry once or twice at night.

I'm not one for sleeptraining and I think she will sleep through when she's ready. Which might be next month, or it might be in 2 years. I've decided not to worry about it anymore and just let my baby be my baby and let her do her things at her own pace.

I know it's rubbish and no advice, but personally I don't believe in that all babies should sleep through by 4 months, because otherwise there's something wrong. Personally I wake up a few times at night being thirsty or even hungry, so I can see my baby might be the same, especially as she's a very light sleeper.

My lo is 10 mths now - I have to say she sounds like your little one poster.....she would normally take 2 bottles at night but if I try to keep it to one she may be sleeping but shes not "settled" ...Seems like every time she loses her dummy she cries.

Very frustrating and tbh I dont remember when my first child slept through all night but I think he was old enough as we put him in his own room probably when he was 14 mths or so and I remember having to go in to him during the night??

Unhelpful comments seem par of the course, I've had various ones over the years, esp from OH's family concerning other peoples children who allegedly slept through the night from practically day one etc etc...

I dont know what the key is - (obviously :haha:) My Lo eats during the day and takes her bottles maybe it just is some babies are different!

All I can say is that at least I know theres hope Lol my son who is now 5 - when he did settle into all night sleeping he never reverted back and has been a great sleeper ever since :happydance:

Isn't is the same as grownups though? My older sister will lie in bed on her tummy and will wake up 8 hours later in the exact same position without having moved, gotten up or woken up. I change position about 3.5 million times a night, wake up about 3 times for the toilet, another 3 times for a drink and then another couple of times just because my husband gets up for the toilet or a drink.

I think my LO is a lot more like me and other babies sleeping through from week 5 or so are much more like my sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->