is it normal to feel so normal ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by miel, Apr 6, 2009.

1. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

i just feel so normal !!! i thought knowing i have to BFP i will feel different physicaly but i feel soooooooo normal !!

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Yep it is, especially that early on!

3. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

I know its not an answer, but i missed that you got a BFP, and i recognise you as one of the main TTC'ers so
    Congratulations!

4. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Yes! very normal :D

5. mordino

mordino Mum of 2 girls & an angel

oh yes, very normal! I got my BPF at 4+1 only because I dared to test. I felt very normal then!

6. KikisMom

KikisMom Well-Known Member

I am almost 15 weeks and other then some nausea from weeks 7-10 I have felt very normal. I was quite worried but have heard the heartbeat a few times now. I guess just lucky so far?? I hope you stay feeling well.

7. baby.love

baby.love Guest

Yep all normal. I am almost 13 weeks and still feel pretty normal :)

8. FlowerFairy

FlowerFairy James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi

I feel "normal" in a morning and end up with afternoon nausea. I have now done 6 tests cos I don't quite believe it. If my boobs weren't quite so painful I wouldn't believe the 6 :bfp: I have :rofl:

9. IHrtSteve

IHrtSteve Mommy to 2, almost 3 boys

Hi. I still feel pretty normal! Just got back from my 9 week scan and saw the peanut and Heartbeat! All is well...I was getting nervous cause my symptoms were so few and far between. Congrats on you:bfp::happydance:

10. Lucy Lu

Lucy Lu Well-Known Member

I keep hearing 6 weeks banded about as when symptoms really kick in/step up - know it's not set in stone and different for everyone, but that seemed to be the case for me. For the first 3 wks after finding out, I had to keep pinching myself to believe it was true, because except for peeing lots (!!), there really wasn't anything else to remind me I was pregnant. I got M/S and first started feeling really emotional from about 6 and half weeks, then from 8 weeks started feeling really tired as well.

Sorry if this sounds really patronising(!) but enjoy it while it lasts! You may even be one of the lucky ones that don't get too much M/S. I'm just coming up to 11 weeks now, and still have days where symptoms subside altogether, and it gets me a bit tense about if things are ok, and then symptoms come back ten-fold and I land up wishing I hadn't wished them back! Odd how things are, isn't it?!

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Take care xx

11. MaryJ

MaryJ Mom of 1 soon to be 2!

Enjoy feeling normal while it lasts - that will change soon enough :D

12. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

i feel normal for the most part my nausea comes and ggoes and thats about it xxx

13. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

I didn't start to lose my appetite until the 6th week, so yup!

14. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

Have to agree with this. I too was worried because I only had thirst, very minimal breast soreness (meaning only my nips were really sore and even that was on and off), hunger and fatigue. Then bam, I hit six weeks and all the symptoms multiply adding bad evening nausea (and definite queasiness during the day) to the mix though breast soreness was still on and off. This didn't die down until the end of the eighth week and I'm back to thirst, hunger and fatigue. But the major breast soreness decided it'd be fun to stay now for good and keep tormenting me. However, I'm not sorry the nausea has completely gone even though I was worried!

It's hard not to worry though isn't it Miel? Honey, I hope this one's a keeper!

15. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

Yep that is normal hun, i bet you cant wait to 'feel pregnant' and dont worry it wont be long for the sickness and off coffee to happen!! Congrats again hun xxx :hugs:

16. Tilly

Tilly Guest

Yea, I was waiting for my symptoms to appear (I did had some cramping at first, which is why I tested early though) but apart from that and feeling tired, which isn't so odd with a 2 year old lol I didn't realise much was up. I kept prodding my boobs and stuff to make sure something was happening.

17. bklove

bklove We got married 4/07

I think I missed it to, CONGRATS to you on the BFP. I feel pretty normal to, which is a bit scary but this thread was a bit reassuring. I am peeing more today (but i'm drinking more) and i've been a whole lot more tired these past 3 days and queasy when I eat, but that doesn't seem like enough for me:) lol. Looking forward to feeling more pregnant, shoot to seeing that hb and confirming i'm pregnant!

18. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

the only reason i ever felt sick was from my prenatal vitamins ugh other than that nothing really makes me very nervous i know what you mean

19. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

Yes it is normal. Its also normal to feel pregnant, then normal, then pregnant. Thats how it was with Hunter.