Is it normal to feel so overwhelmed?

I am overwhelmed myself and reading your post, I would be overwhelmed if I were you too. I gather that you don't have time to yourself. A lot of people don't seem to understand that the life of a sahm is hard. I can't believe how harshly I judged before I became one myself. How many hours a week does your husband work? If it's close to 40 I would say he needs to step up. I stopped making lunches shortly after we had a baby. I only worked part time before and did all the domestic duties. I still make dinner, but it's hard with my 14 month old usually clinging onto my legs whining at me. I have started making meals where I can freeze some for days when I need something I can just heat up. When my husband is home I catch up on some cleaning while he watches our son, but he usually ends up spending his time destroying the kitchen while I'm working in it. I try and get the house back in order before bedtime so I have a couple of hours to relax. If I have more to do after bedtime I will try and get my husband to help so we both can relax, he usually leaves before I am done though. I don't know you can do anything to have a bit of free time to yourself, but right now I live for those couple of hours in the evening.

I go through stages where I feel overwhelmed as well. I attended a stress management workshop last fall and they talked about the importance of meditation... if you haven't tried it yet I'd really recommend building it into your life/routine. Even just 10 mins/day can make a difference in how your brain operates.

All the time! It's hard when you have no one to talk with who is going through a similar situation. That's why I really love this place! <3 One thing I find always helps me, as silly as it sounds, is planning ahead. Literally, I have to write my plans out some days and it will just make me feel so organized haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->