Is it normal to have your blood took to measure your hcg levels

Jkelmum

Reaction score
I have seen lots in this forum where ladies are getting this checked , Is it new ? Or is it still just for if u have had early M/C ?
The reason I ask is my doc just refeerd me to midwife without doing this
thanks serina

Serina mine too, he did my pg test with urine I brought in, no bloods at all.

Glad I am not alone it just seems there,s alot of places do this as commen practice xxx

I had my hcg levels tested the first time around because I was going to m/c they were watching/monitoring me. My next pregnancy they didn't test my levels once, I thought this was odd too so I asked and they said they don't usually do it. Maybe its different at different places, or maybe they only check if they suspect a problem??

i had to have this done since ectopic as they fear another one, in women ttc they usually measure bloodwork (as far as i hear) as sometimes women who ttc long term have some underlying problems which could make ur period late for another reason other than pregnancy.

Mine didnt check mine, just sent me to another surgery to see the midwife

At my doctor's office, they are super stingy about giving out prenatal appts without proof of pregnancy and insurance wont cover those types of visits without it either.

Step one: In office urine test, if positiev (or with enough convincing if negative) they send you for the first blood test.

Step two: repeat blood test 48 hrs later

Step three: if needed a 3rd beta

Step four: Consult with doctor to go over nbloodwork, if + and doubling at normal rate, THEN they book your first OB appt.

I miscarried in March which was discovered at my 12 week scan. I had a polyp on my cervix which bleed constantly. The whole experience last time was very stressful. I also had a chemical pregnancy last month so the doctor said she is keeping a closer eye this time...

I didn't have mine checked with my son, and did not have them checked with this one either.

I miscarried last April(07) and so I think she had me to hcg bloodwork just for my own sanity and to make sure it was progressing as it should. with my first pregnancy i didn't get it tested so maybe its just for differing circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->