is it normal?

lauzliddle

Alfie and mollys mummy
Reaction score
To leak like mad all the time I have to change my pads 2-3 times a day and get 2-3 random let downs during the day that are huge. Also when I wake up in a morning I am in a pool of milk and alfie hasn't fed during the night for 6-7 weeks now. Do I have to cope with this the hole time I BF or will it get better?

It will probably sort it's self out over the next month or so. You may still leak - some women just have a really good supply. Around 3 months you may find that they dont fiill and empty the same and just produce on demand. Hopefully you'll see a difference then. You could try using breast shells and collecting the milk rather than losing it to your pads??
x

I had to change my breast pads a lot during the first few months, but after about three months I found that the leaking began to stop and by about four months I didn't need the pads at all. It will get better. :hugs:

it took me till about 4.5 months to stop leaking completly.

I am the same and constantly leaking and waking up covered in milk! MW told me to get some shells to collect - waste not want not - now just need to figure out where to buy from?? Anyone know?

Boots or Mothercare - anywhere with a good selection of baby stuff. ;)

Thanks, I think a shopping trip is in order. Treat myself to some shells, freezer bags and some new nursing bras! :lol:

:happydance:

If you have a medela pump, you can also get freezable bottles that go straight onto your pump....I love those!!! Once I get a full one I can mark how much is in it and freeze for later :D

Thanks I have found some on ebay and they seem to be popular pumps as everyone is bidding! :hugs:

boots is cheapest for the shells- only £4.11 for two (one on the boob, the other is the steriliser :D) - mothercare is double that because they have only expensive medela ones. Do check them if you are feeding because the have holes in the top and I had a milky overflow situation this morning :shock:

I'm still like that, i will have let down sometimes if i just see her and i have to put a cloth in my bra cos i go through about 2 pads in one feed from the other boob.. its started to calm down now but my boobs still fill up loads during the night etc.. i take it as a good thing that i have good supply of milk :)
Tommee Tippee have been the best for me, still slim but quite big size also.. they were the only ones that i could rely on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->