Is it normal?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hello :)

Just wondering if it's normal to have some "doubts" when you decide when to ttc? I have basically had things play over and over in my head since my Dp agreed to start ttc next year. Things like will I be ready to handle a second child? Will I be able to work while pregnant as my job is quite physical? Will I be able to go back to work after maternity leave, or will I not want to leave my new baby? What will I do for childcare? Will We have the room for another child? Ugh!! I am SOOO excited to start ttc, but don't want all of these doubts in my mind :wacko: Please tell me it is normal, and they go away!!

:cry:

I think doubts are normal. I have doubts going into #1 let alone #2! But they aren't really doubts, they're just worries really. My worries are "will I ever be able to travel again?" "will I lose my own personality?" "Will my marriage be strong enough?"

I think worries are normal, but when I look into my heart, I know what I truly desire :) and I'll just work through the worries as we go!

I think worries are normal, but when I look into my heart, I know what I truly desire :) and I'll just work through the worries as we go!

Thank you for this :) That is such a good way to look at it.

Perfectly normal as a parent we worry all the time! X

Dp and I had a chat last night about how I HAVE to go back to work after maternity leave.. It left me feeling like he's put a dampner on my excitement for having another baby :-( I don't think I'd want to leave my baby at childcare, but he argues he doesn't want to be the only one working. I just wish I had a relative who could look after them :-( some people are so very fortunate to have that!

I always think, if you don't stress a little making HUGE decisions, then you need to wonder a bit about making them. Buying a house, getting married, having children. Those are HUGE impactful decisions, that no matter how much you want them, still change your life. Nothing wrong with worrying a bit over how it'll be and what you'll do.

I think doubt is normal. I wonder how I will handle two kids with not family around me but know that people have done already with even more than too. I am just happy that I know once I am done with my BA that I will have a lot of time to dedicate to both kids when the second comes. I always wonder about my sanity. But my son is pretty good and loves babies so I think the transition should be easy.

Thank you everyone :) I'm glad it's not just me, as was beginning to think it meant I wasn't ready for no. 2! But I am so excited and more than ready, and everything will fall into place. I still have some days where I worry and wonder if it will be the right time, but most days I couldn't be more excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->