Is it ok to pre-make cow & gate first milk from powder and keep it in fridge?

LorelaiLana

Reaction score
Is it ok to pre-make cow & gate first milk from powder and keep it in fridge?
The box says for hygine reasons we need to make only before feeding and throw after 2 hrs.
But I really like the idea of premaking bottles and storing in fridge for quick warm and use.

Here are the WHO guidelines

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/micro/PIF_Bottle_en.pdf

you can pre-make but certain cautions are best followed if doing so xx

i always did and they were all used within 24 hours, but closer to 12.....x

As Summer Rain says, the World Health Organisation guidelines give details of pre-making formula.

Basically make enough bottles for a day as if fresh - using water no less than 70 degrees - then rapid cool and store in the back of the fridge for up to 24hrs.

This is how I've always done Fran's xx

I always get confused when people call it cow milk. my MIL call it that as well but it just made me think you are feeding your child actual cow milk (the same stuff you use on dry cereal in the morning) .

I dont see why not!
Just dont make more then you need in the day though!

I always get confused when people call it cow milk. my MIL call it that as well but it just made me think you are feeding your child actual cow milk (the same stuff you use on dry cereal in the morning) .

Cow & Gate is a brand of formula hun x

'Cow and Gate' is one of the oldest formula brands in Europe, in the olden days the formula they made was just powdered cows milk with vitamins added, as was all formula (up until the mid to late 1970s this was the case)-hence the brand name. Now of course formulas are highly modified so are a lot different to neat cows milk but the company isn't going to change a name they have had for over 90 years xx

Can I hijack this post and ask if it's ok to premake feeds the night before for the next day? I'm new to FF and have no clue. Also do I still to sterilise bottles for my 9 month old? She's on two bottles a day and has some diarrhea at the moment which I hope hasn't been caused by the bottles x

Can I hijack this post and ask if it's ok to premake feeds the night before for the next day? I'm new to FF and have no clue. Also do I still to sterilise bottles for my 9 month old? She's on two bottles a day and has some diarrhea at the moment which I hope hasn't been caused by the bottles x

Guidelines used to be to sterilse until 6 months, but they have changed recently and it is advised to sterilse until at least 12 months xx

I was told on my weaning course that it's very important to sterilise until you stop using bottles - because the bacteria build up in the teat and ring can make LO quite poorly.

And yes you can make feeds up at night for the next day - as long as they are used withing 24hrs it doesn't matter what time of day they are made. I always make Fran's up in the evening xx

interesting, I guess they did call it cow milk in the US. My MIL still call baby formula "cow milk" I didnt know it was a brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->