Is it okay to eat spicy foods?

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have always been a girl who loves her spicy foods, I absolutely love boneless buffalo wings and mexican food. Anything spice makes everything nice ;)

I have yet to suffer heartburn so my question is this-if I'm not experiencing heartburn is it okay to eat spicy foods? Am I causing my child grief or harming her with the added spice or is it okay as long as I'm fine with eating it?

Thank you! :flower:

Ive never heard you need to avoid it. I just enjoyed a really spicy pizza for my tea, and had 2 indian meals the other day, yum!

xx

Yes, no problems with spicy food.

If you get heartburn then I guess you would stay away from it!

I love spicy food and had heartburn from 5-8wks - so glad its gone!!:flower:

I've been eating spicy food all throughout. Never have read anything about harming baby, so don't see an issue with it.

it doesnt help heartburn, but where pregnancy is concerned it is meant to start you when your due but other than that its fine, i am an addict on indian food, madras curry, and i love chilli sauce, lol
xx

i've not had heartburn at all yet and i loooove spicy food!! i;d keep eating it for as long as you can get away with it if you love it too!! xx

Well I'm Indian origin, my mum had 3 kids and she never ate or cooked English food even when living in the UK when she first arrived. So my opinion is its totally fine if your digestive system is used to it! For me - I have always eaten spicy Indian food, and I have read that some flavours get transferred to the baby through the placenta so its easier for them to adapt to your diet (esp the case if you are Japanese, Chinese, Indian etc). So I am cooking and eating lots of Indian food when I can so my baby can get used to it, lol!!

oh thank goodness! I'm so glad i'm not the only one gobbling down spicy foods :)

I have also never read that it's something to avoid. I once heard that spicy foods make your baby blind (sounds like a ridiculous old wives tale to me) and thought to myself...I'm pretty sure if that were true our doctor's would warn us against spicy food right and left. I've never heard a peep from my doc but I've also never asked.

It always helps to know I'm not the only one eating spicy nachos and yummy spicy food. I figured if I get the heartburn I'll stay away, but until then I'll keep on enjoying my preferred tastes. :)

Hot sauce has been my favourite thing this pregnancy... Mmmm hot sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->