Is it okay to not know everything?

elle86

Reaction score
I have read a lot of info about labor and childcare but have no experience what so ever with babies. I'm starting to feel like everyone else is a step ahead in this baby business because I thought it would be okay to 'learn as I go' :thumbup:

I am going to classes so Im hoping that will help but some things Im thinking are best left till my baby is here and learn then!
Anyone else taking this approach or am I all alone ? :cry:

I was clueless when I hade my son, but you learn fast and quickly get into a routine that suits you and ur baby :)

I agree I was also clueless when I had dd... and shocked at just how quick I picked everything up x

No, you are not alone. I have no experience with children of any age. I'm pretty much just going to have to wing it, but I have both my mom and my MIL to go to for advice if/when I need it.

Clueless as ...

Buba is 2 weeks old and i feel like there's nothing I can't tackle ...

Dh even said I'm the best mummy :)

U will pick it up!

I always thought i knew everything about babies. For some reason i lost it the second LO was born :haha: You will just pick it up as you go along, each baby is different. The baby area on here is great for asking questions if you aren't sure about anything.

Agreed, you'l be fine!!
I had a neice and had changed a few nappies, took her out in her pram and babysat some but other than that i was clueless!!
It just comes to you somehow and its fine :)
Xx

Also I will add... Even people with baby experience usually are just as clueless coz when it's your own baby it's totally different :)

As someone else pointed out before I hope it comes naturally otherwise we are screwed :blush:

I have never looked after a baby, i held a 2 week old baby last year and I was too scared to even move lol

You will be fine dear! Each baby is different anyways, there is no cookie cutter routine that works for every baby. You learn as you go! Same for me, a second time mom. This baby can be completely different from my first, so I will just learn my baby's cues, likes, dislikes as we go.
I think it's normal to feel this way, but I'm sure you will do great :)

I'm the same... never even seen a baby less than 3 months old!

I think out of everything, (including the pain of childbirth) the thing I'm most scared of is being left holding a new born baby! I'm hoping it'll come naturally!

It's quite funny, I was talking to my SIL yesterday, and she was complaining that the hospital really 'nanny' you and won't let you leave until you can confidently hold, change, wash and feed your baby... I was like "good!" That's the way it should be!!!

Never changed a baby's diaper before DS1! You just learn as you go - it's amazing how in tune you become with your LO and how you get to know them and what they need.

I'm expecting my second, and I expect another learning curve as he is a completely different person/baby.

Thanks ladies, that makes me feel much better! :)
I know I will be okay- just have to take it slow... I have the internet after all! :D

It's totally fine. I had never changed a diaper until i had my son. My biggest advice is to trust your instincts and to not worry about setting up bad habits in the beginning. Babies are very forgiving and they don't remember much ;). You will make mistakes and that's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->