Is it possible or has it happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MissPeanut, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MissPeanut

MissPeanut Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else if you have any info please do share my last post i put on heer i only got 1 reply so was left a bit stuck :haha:

Right a few weeks ago i had an early scan (had some spotting) I thought i was around 8 weeks but was told i was 6 weeks and 4 days, now i am 9 weeks and 3 days and some of my sysmtoms have lessoned but i have some new ones that i read i should have a bit later on...

So my question is is there any chance when i have my first official scan in a couple of weeks they will tell me i am further on more like what i thought before the early scan??

Sorry if not of that makes sense haha
    Thanks for looking ladies and info or stories will help ttaaaa :)

2. kat2504

kat2504 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I would help but I am confused by your dates. Are you 9 weeks based on the scan you had, or 9 weeks based on your period?
    The most important thing is good growth since the last scan. If the last scan was 3 weeks ago then the baby should have grown more or less three weeks worth and you are unlikely to be more than three days or so out from the previous scan.

So long as everything was in order at your 6+4 scan and there was no cause for concern, don't worry. You probably were just having a longer than 28 days cycle when you got pregnant.

When I had my 12 week scan I "caught up" four days on my scan at 6+4 (which measured me at 6+1) as six weeks is very early to get accurate measurements and 12 weeks is much more accurate for scanning. You may also find you are a little bit further along than your last scan suggested, but only by a few days, not a whole week and a half.
    Hope that helps a bit.

3. loverguts

loverguts Well-Known Member

I think scans are generally quite accurate with dating but anything is possible! My 7 week scan put me a week ahead of the date I had from my lmp and at my 12 week scan I was put forward again but only by a day. Once you've had your 12 week scan I think you can definitely trust that as a due date to go by.
    It would be exciting for you if you were put forward a couple weeks though!
    What sort of symptoms are you getting? :happydance:

4. kirsteen

kirsteen Ollypop<3

I think symptoms from pregnancy vary from person to person, I had some symptoms they talk about later on earlier than it said, but each pregnancy is unique. let me know though!