Is it possible to get a BBT rise without ovulation?

Dottiee

TTC #1 with Long Cycles
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

This thread is really just to ease my mind. I started Clomid 50mg this cycle because I have been unable to ovulate on my own. I went for my blood work yesterday to find out if it worked, but my doctor said not to call for the results unless I my period on the 31st.

Both charts on Fertility Friend (in my signature) and OvuFriend are showing that I ovulated. I'm really excited but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up. Is it possible to have a temp rise without ovulation, or am I allowed to get excited?

Your chart looks great! :thumbup: yes it's possible to get a temp shift without ovulation. In the case of luetinizing unruptured follicle (luf) it's where a follicle was supposed to release the egg, but basically it got stuck and didn't. Your body doesn't realize it and produces hormones as if it was released. This can happen to anyone once and a while, and some people have it happen all the time, but that is very rare. However, there's no reAson to think that this happened to you. If you see a temp shift like that you can be pretty close to certain that you did ovulate!

Looks great! It is possible to have a thermal shift and not ovulate but since you are on clomid it's unlikely I would think. Good luck and your bd timing looks perfect!

Thanks ladies. Even though my doctor said not to call until the 31st, I think I'm gonna call now. I can't wait any longer!! lol

I called and the Clomid worked! I ovulated! I'm so happy!

Thanks ladies for all of your reassuring words :)

I keep seeing you around. Congrats on ovulating and I hope you get your BFP soooon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->