Is it possible to get a BFN 13 dpo and later get a positive?

ecsmith

Reaction score
I am new to this, so I'm sorry if I don't use the correct acronyms. This is not an "am I pregnant" question, but I am questioning if it is possible to get a negative at this point in my cycle and actually be pregnant. I believe I am 15 dpo and af was due yesterday but didn't come. However, this is my first month in years off of Camrese, a 3 month continuous BC, so I don't know what "regular" is for me. The first day of my last period was October 14th and I believe I ovulated on the 28th or 29th due to increased cervical mucous and cramps. I have taken two tests and both were negative. My most recent test was on November 11 (13 dpo if O was on the 29) and I got a BFN. I had very light brown spotting on November 3-5 which was my first signal that pregnancy was possible. It was very little spotting, mostly just a little when I wiped and a few drops on a panty liner each day. Is this likely to be implantation bleeding or just breakthrough bleeding because I am not on my usual cycle?

Symptoms began on the Nov 2 (4 dpo)
4 dpo: backache and fatigue
5dpo: brief spells of nausea, backache
6 dpo: Frequent urination began and continued
8 dpo: fatigue, increased hip and joint pain, increased urination
10 dpo: I began having pains in my hip joints, increased urination
11 dpo: joint pains, increased urination
12 dpo: headache, joint pain, fatigue, increased urination, creamy, lotion-like cervical mucous
13 dpo: woke up with very sore nipples, increased urination, creamy cm
14 dpo: nausea, headache, cramps, increased urination, very sore nipples
15 dpo: so far sore nipples and increased urination

I also had gas pains shortly after ovulation that lasted a few days.

Is it possible to get a BFN 13 dpo and be pregnant? Today is 15 dpo and I plan to test in two days if af does not come. I have been testing with a Walmart 88 cent test. It is first signal. Is it not sensitive enough? Should I be using FRER or is it okay to stick with this one since I will be testing 17 dpo? I just don't know why else I would have had brown spotting if it wasn't implantation bleeding since it was 5-6 dpo and lasted for 3 days.

Bc can make your cycles all kinds of weird. That being said if you aren't using OPK or temping you could be off on your dpo. Walmart tests are not very sensitive, so you could wait a day or so then try again or try frer or clearblue. but even then some women do get much later bfps. Not out until the witch shows!

This is the same situation for me! Was on a 3-month bc for years; Once I stopped the bc (Oct2015) my periods have been very irregular but always every 2 weeks or so. September 2016 was my first "normal" cycle of 27 days. I had an HSG in October when my last cycle occurred and everything was normal, tubes were cleared. Since my last cycle and the HSG, I have no AF yet, I'm on CD 31.

It looks like we're on a similar schedule.. the first date of my last cycle was 10/16/16; I believed I ovulated on 10/28. And yet.. still no AF.

I've taken a first response test on 11/10 and BFN. Took a clear blue test on 11/14 with FMU and it showed a VERY faint crosshair, so I had blood work the same morning and BFN. :dohh:

I am having the exact same symptoms you are: joint pains, fatigue, on and off sore bbs/nipples, creamy cm, back pain, and increased urination.

I have a dr appt this Friday 11/18 to discuss where AF is! :shrug:
Let's keep each other posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"