Is it possible to get pregnant 100+ days into a cycle?

Dottiee

TTC #1 with Long Cycles
Reaction score
Hey ladies.

I'm currently on CD 127, which has been the norm for me. The longest cycle I've had except for this one was 109 days.

My last HPT was a little over a month ago and BFN, so I pretty much dismissed this whole cycle and have been waiting for AF, believing you can't get pregnant this late in a cycle.

Lately though, I've been having what seems like AF signs. I had extremely sore nipples for 2 weeks. I couldn't even let the shower water touch them. Usually this happens about 4 days before AF.. But AF didn't show.

The sore nipples are gone now, and my boobs are just a little sore.

Because AF hasn't shown with these signs like it usually does, I'm starting to think they may be pregnancy signs.

I honestly thought it was impossible to get pregnant this late into a cycle, but now I'm questioning that reasoning.

Anyone know if it's possible to get pregnant in a CD 100+ cycle?

I'll be taking an HPT tomorrow morning, just to be sure.

Hey ladies.

I'm currently on CD 127, which has been the norm for me. The longest cycle I've had except for this one was 109 days.

My last HPT was a little over a month ago and BFN, so I pretty much dismissed this whole cycle and have been waiting for AF, believing you can't get pregnant this late in a cycle.

Lately though, I've been having what seems like AF signs. I had extremely sore nipples for 2 weeks. I couldn't even let the shower water touch them. Usually this happens about 4 days before AF.. But AF didn't show.

Because AF hasn't shown with these signs like it usually does, I'm starting to think they may be pregnancy signs.

I honestly thought it was impossible to get pregnant this late into a cycle, but now I'm questioning that reasoning.

I hope someone will show up with an answer to this!! I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant with a cycle that long..

Are you able to chart anything? Super curious.

Hey ladies.

I hope someone will show up with an answer to this!! I've never heard of anyone getting pregnant with a cycle that long..

Are you able to chart anything? Super curious.

No :( I tried charting in the beginning (been TTC for 2 years), but my cycles are all over the place in days and the charts never showed any similar patterns or noticeable temp spikes/drops.

Anything is possible hun. The reason they say it's not likely if you ovulate late is because the eggs are "over cooked" so to speak But it is possible that your body may have tried to ovulate, maybe even more than once, those eggs matured, but didn't release and then your body tried again and did ovulate and you caught the egg. Therefore those eggs aren't necessarily over mature. The lining of your womb might be questionable, but I don't think it can be that much of problem as women who breastfeed can go without a period for a year or more (myself included in that) and never have a period and catch the first egg and get pregnant with no problem. Lots of luck to you, I really hope you get a bfp. Your symptom sound exactly like mine when I was pregnant with our ds. I had incredibly sore nipple until about a week after I got my bfp and then it became just sore boobs. Baby dust to you x x

Anything is possible hun. The reason they say it's not likely if you ovulate late is because the eggs are "over cooked" so to speak But it is possible that your body may have tried to ovulate, maybe even more than once, those eggs matured, but didn't release and then your body tried again and did ovulate and you caught the egg. Therefore those eggs aren't necessarily over mature. The lining of your womb might be questionable, but I don't think it can be that much of problem as women who breastfeed can go without a period for a year or more (myself included in that) and never have a period and catch the first egg and get pregnant with no problem. Lots of luck to you, I really hope you get a bfp. Your symptom sound exactly like mine when I was pregnant with our ds. I had incredibly sore nipple until about a week after I got my bfp and then it became just sore boobs. Baby dust to you x x

The maturity of the egg is exactly what my doctor told me. "If somehow you are to ovulate late into your cycle, the quality of the egg is questionable." That's why I had counted myself out.

It's exciting to hear that I'm having the same symptoms that you had though :)

It does sound good Dottie :) Your dr is right about the quality of the egg when you ovulate late, but like I said if your body kind of starts over and new eggs start maturing then that egg might not actually be over ripe. Even if it is, I've known women on here who got their bfp on cd 60/70 something! It's definitely not unheard of. I sympathise with your long cycles, I suffered from them before we conceived ds. I got fed up after 4 40 to 60 day cycles and got clomid and hey presto, we made our little Oakley :) So even if you don't get a bfp this time, don't lose heart, bfp is great for late ovulaters :) x x

It does sound good Dottie :) Your dr is right about the quality of the egg when you ovulate late, but like I said if your body kind of starts over and new eggs start maturing then that egg might not actually be over ripe. Even if it is, I've known women on here who got their bfp on cd 60/70 something! It's definitely not unheard of. I sympathise with your long cycles, I suffered from them before we conceived ds. I got fed up after 4 40 to 60 day cycles and got clomid and hey presto, we made our little Oakley :) So even if you don't get a bfp this time, don't lose heart, bfp is great for late ovulaters :) x x

Awe thanks! :)
I have an appointment with an OBGYN in December (it was booked in June, been a hell of a wait) I'm hoping I'll be able to get some Clomid then.. If I don't get a BFP before the appointment, that is ;)

Awe thanks! :)
I have an appointment with an OBGYN in December (it was booked in June, been a hell of a wait) I'm hoping I'll be able to get some Clomid then.. If I don't get a BFP before the appointment, that is ;)

Aaaah good luck. I can't wait for you to :test::test::test:
:dust:

Your regular ob/gyn should be able to give you a prescription that will start your period so you can have a new cycle. I would say it's possible to get pregnant as long as you are confident that you are ovulating. It's not as though that the eggs are developing and ready to go at the beginning of your cycle and then just hanging out for another 100 days. If your body is ovulating, then they wouldn't even be maturing and getting ready to ovulate until your hormones were all lined up and made it possible. Remember, you LP is a fixed number of days...it's the time *before* ovulation that varies when cycles are irregular.

The one and only time I've been pregnant was when i was only having 3-4 periods a year. Once i got older and started having regular 27 day cycles, i couldn't get pregnant again.

Your regular ob/gyn should be able to give you a prescription that will start your period so you can have a new cycle. I would say it's possible to get pregnant as long as you are confident that you are ovulating. It's not as though that the eggs are developing and ready to go at the beginning of your cycle and then just hanging out for another 100 days. If your body is ovulating, then they wouldn't even be maturing and getting ready to ovulate until your hormones were all lined up and made it possible. Remember, you LP is a fixed number of days...it's the time *before* ovulation that varies when cycles are irregular.

The one and only time I've been pregnant was when i was only having 3-4 periods a year. Once i got older and started having regular 27 day cycles, i couldn't get pregnant again.

I'm not confident that I'm ovulating. I really have no idea if/when it happens.

I have an appointment with him in November for a PAP and to get medication to start a new cycle. One negative thing about free Canadian health care is that you have to wait a long time to see any doctor :(

I never kept track of my cycles. They were so random, maybe three to five times a year. Sometimes twice in one month. When I found out I was pregnant last September, the last period I could remember was in February. Needless to say, we were all surprised, including my doctor.

I never kept track of my cycles. They were so random, maybe three to five times a year. Sometimes twice in one month. When I found out I was pregnant last September, the last period I could remember was in February. Needless to say, we were all surprised, including my doctor.

That gives me so much hope! I've pretty much thought that until I get my cycles sorted out and to my OBGYN in December, that I'm out of the game :(

It did take us a lot of trying, and we had almost given up hope by then. But the human body is pretty amazing! I've got my baby here to prove it! Good luck with your test!

It did take us a lot of trying, and we had almost given up hope by then. But the human body is pretty amazing! I've got my baby here to prove it! Good luck with your test!

I'm not sure how long you were TTC, but I do know what you mean by a long time. It's been 2 years for us :(

No. We were going to look into that eventually. We decided to leave it up to fate for awhile. We started young (19), so I didn't feel a huge rush.

Once on cd120ish with clomid (no period induced first) and once 6.5 months post partum with no period that turned out to be a chemical (and I wasn't breastfeeding)

No. We were going to look into that eventually. We decided to leave it up to fate for awhile. We started young (19), so I didn't feel a huge rush.

I started when I was 20, I'm 22 now and it feels like a rush lol. You must have so much self control :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->