Is it possible to get pregnant before cycle returns?

MMAmummy

Mum to 2 boys & WTT #3
Reaction score
Can it happen? I was under the impression your cycle has to return first! DH and I haven't seriously discussed a 3rd child (with DS2 not even being 9 months old) but we haven't been careful on the VERY FEW times we DTD. I was EBF until about 4 months ago when we started introducing formula then solids. My cycle hasn't returned yet. I suffer from PCOS so assumed it could take a while. Yesterday and today I've been feeling what feel like gentle movements and I feel "full" and pressure down below. A few weeks ago I had spotting which I assumed was AF coming but there was nothing! I've had a few other things I only get when I'm pregnant - a couple of days I suffer from really itchy lady bits (tmi, sorry), crazy dreams, eye twitches and needing to wee loads. I have ordered a couple of tests online but it's going to be Tuesday before they come! I feel like I'm going mad. I don't think I can be pregnant but it definitely feels like it. I'm so convinced I've started taking some spare pregnacare just incase - DH thinks I'm loopy! Please help x

I don't really have any advice on weather or not you can get pregnant before your cycle returns because I really am not sure but what caught my eye was the fact you said you get really itchy lady bits when you are pregnant. I get this same thing and it gets so bad that it actually hurts! There are times I sleep with a cold wash cloth down there just to get some relief. I always thought I was crazy it's funny to find someone else this happens too! I am only 5 DPO now and having some symptoms.

Yes it most definitely is possible! Because what causes a period usually is the hormones following ovulation. I am studying midwifery and we explain this to ladies as the reason why you must use contraception if you don't want another, even if you haven't had your periods back yet.
Your symptoms are interesting! I hope you're feeling okay hunny.. exciting about the tests coming. I would go to boots, couldn't wait haha xx

It can be excruciatingly painful. And it's how I knew I was expecting DS2. I the same with DS1 and a MC in between. It doesn't last long with me, only a few days.

I don't really have any advice on weather or not you can get pregnant before your cycle returns because I really am not sure but what caught my eye was the fact you said you get really itchy lady bits when you are pregnant. I get this same thing and it gets so bad that it actually hurts! There are times I sleep with a cold wash cloth down there just to get some relief. I always thought I was crazy it's funny to find someone else this happens too! I am only 5 DPO now and having some symptoms.

Thank you. I don't think l am pregnant but definitely feel like I am. I'm not in a huge hurry to test because I think I already know it'll be negative and I don't know if I want it to be - despite the age of DS2 x

Yes it most definitely is possible! Because what causes a period usually is the hormones following ovulation. I am studying midwifery and we explain this to ladies as the reason why you must use contraception if you don't want another, even if you haven't had your periods back yet.
Your symptoms are interesting! I hope you're feeling okay hunny.. exciting about the tests coming. I would go to boots, couldn't wait haha xx

I'll be stalking for an update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->