• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is it possible...

teddyed12

Reaction score
Hi there
Don't know if anyone can help me or been in the same situation..
I was taking the pill (combined) and have only been taken it a month or two. Anyway I took my first one of the month on Wednesday then took it on Thursday and Friday. I then forgot to take it over the weekend, and had unprotected sex on Sunday night. Would it be possible I could get pregnant? Today I've had some cramping and a few hours ago had a small amount of blood when I went to the toilet. From research I've done that bleeding isn't actually a period? So does that mean regardless of if I bleed I could still be pregnant from this occasion?
Tia!!! Xx

I would say it would be soon to ovulate, but it is always possible. Spotting does not always mean implantation. I actually get it frequently, and unfortunately get my hopes up all the time. Good luck! Hope the outcome is what yiu wish!

Yes of course there is the chance that you could be pregnant but after being on the pill for most of my life I can tell you that if you mess them up (like missing several) this can really change your cycle.. you could have a period sooner, it can cause spotting, later period etc.. Any time I had ever forgotten to take several it always ended in something weird in my cycle.. I have had the spotting and cramping.. i have had very long periods, very short ones, missed period..all because of missing pills. Each little pill is hormones in our body, so missing some and taking some can mess with your hormones.

I have to agree with @faithforbaby. I think it is too soon to ovulate. The bleeding to me sounds like withdrawal bleed from not taking the pills. This usually happens 3 to 4 days after you don't take the pill. I have been off the pill for 3 weeks and still haven't ovulated yet and I did have the same bleeding like you. However, every girls body is different. There is always a chance you could be pregnant, I have heard of that happening many times. If you are stressing, I wouldn't. Take it easy and do what you think is best. Best wishes :)

While it's unlikely that you ovulated then, I thought with the pill you had to use back-up protection for a week or two anyway? (Could be totally wrong on that, the last time I started taking the combined pill was over 10 years ago now!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"