Is it possible....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Hunkdorey, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hunkdorey

Hunkdorey Well-Known Member

At our scan next week, we have the opportunity to find out the sex of the baby. I don't want to know, but my OH does. I was wondering - would the midwife tell him the sex and not me, if we asked?? Maybe afterwards, I could leave the room and let him find out then??

Has anyone done this? Of course, the only thing would then be him having to hold his tongue all the time! lol x

2. 20102001

20102001 Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby

Yes you should be able to find out at 19 weeks.
    I don't see why she wouldn't tell him and not you :D

Get her to write it down for him to read.

:flower:

3. Hunkdorey

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks very much!! xx

4. bassdesire

bassdesire Well-Known Member

Have her write in down on a piece of paper and then he can open it when he wants. But I imagine if your OH knows you will eventually find out! What a secret to keep---my hubby could never do that!!!

Lots of people do the envelope/paper thing for one person to find out.

Good luck!

5. Hunkdorey

Thanks again! I honestly didn't think that they would do this. Maybe I was just too up myself and thought my wishes were more important than his!!:haha:

Yea, think we will do that - told him though that he cant just run into homebase and buy a tin of blue or pink paint and think thats not telling me!! He's usually good at keeping secrets, but this is one of them things that can easily slip out!!

Oh well, if it does, that wont matter at all!

Thanks again ladies, been very helpfull :hugs:

6. fides

fides Well-Known Member

wow - kuddos for letting him find out and not you!! i'd go crazy, and i'd know he'd let it slip at some point!!

good luck - hope it all goes well!

7. DanielsMummy

DanielsMummy MUMMY AFTER 10 YEARS TTC

Yes you can but it would probably be extremely difficult for him not to slip up :haha: Good luck with your scan

8. dazzle

dazzle Well-Known Member

Hiya, my other half asked the ultrasound lady at my 20 week scan whether he could find out the sex - she told him he could, but only if I agreed to it. So I said no! I think I spoilt all his fun, I am so mean!!! ;)

9. Tizy

Tizy Well-Known Member

Ooooh wow this is a brave idea, I think you will end up finding out from your hubby, but it might be a kinda fun game to play for a while. I'll be very impressed if he manages to keep it from you until birth-day!!!

Han Xxx

10. Hunkdorey

Hi! Thanks for all the replies! I thought it was a really good idea - I trust him not to tell me and annoy me with the 'I know something you dont know!' lol. After talking to him though, he's not too keen for only one of us knowing. He doesn't think it would work. Aww, I just want him to be happy too, as I really dont want to know, but he really does xx