Is it reallyyy possible..?

princess_x0

Reaction score
Okay right, so I have an incling that maybe I'm pregnant again. I had my implant put in on the 6th of august, 3 weeks exactly after I had a termination. We were told to have NO CONTACT AT ALL for a week. But what do we doo? We do it. :dohh: And don't ask if we used any contraception. Because tbh I seriously can't remember!! *Slap my wrist*
Anywho, I've been noticing a few changes etc. And I was thinking if I'm pregnant I couldn't possibly be more then 9/10 weeks. But I just sat down and calculated it that I would actually be around 12 weeks by now.
But here's the confusing part, I am spotting almost everyday and from time to time I get a light bleed. But not much really. My stomach is starting to feel alot harder, I have been noticing it for the last 2 weeks or so. I'm getting quite nauseas (sp?) lot's of headaches and really tired. Also achy, sore boobs and cramps now and then. I did 3 tests a week ago and they came out negative, I am planning to do one again the end of this week sometime. Idk what I'm really asking tbh. But has anyone fallen pregnant on the implant/injection/coil or whatever? Or has anyone bled during pregnancy? Or got a false negative?

It couuld be the implant causing all this spotting and light bleeding.I've never had it fitted but a lot of women complain about this.

I sincerely doubt that your test wouldn't pick up hormone levels at 10-11 weeks pregnant.
If you're sincerely concerned I suggest you go to the doctor and get some blood tests.

xxx

Im sorry to say that if you have had 3 negatives a week ago then it is unlikely that you are pregnant. The symptoms could be a result of the implant itself. You should go to a doctor.

Hun sounds like its the implant causing all of this ): Maybe not though, But a test would be showing positive by now if you worked out ud be 12 weeks
Xxx

Okay right, so I have an incling that maybe I'm pregnant again. I had my implant put in on the 6th of august, 3 weeks exactly after I had a termination. We were told to have NO CONTACT AT ALL for a week. But what do we doo? We do it. :dohh: And don't ask if we used any contraception. Because tbh I seriously can't remember!! *Slap my wrist*
Anywho, I've been noticing a few changes etc. And I was thinking if I'm pregnant I couldn't possibly be more then 9/10 weeks. But I just sat down and calculated it that I would actually be around 12 weeks by now.
But here's the confusing part, I am spotting almost everyday and from time to time I get a light bleed. But not much really. My stomach is starting to feel alot harder, I have been noticing it for the last 2 weeks or so. I'm getting quite nauseas (sp?) lot's of headaches and really tired. Also achy, sore boobs and cramps now and then. I did 3 tests a week ago and they came out negative, I am planning to do one again the end of this week sometime. Idk what I'm really asking tbh. But has anyone fallen pregnant on the implant/injection/coil or whatever? Or has anyone bled during pregnancy? Or got a false negative?

I doubt very much u are preggers hun as I had implant and it mimics pregnancy I was convinced in may I was as my periods had stopped then june while august I bled constantly ...It really messes with your body but is as effective as being sterlised ...I was told by me gp it was effective striaght away its when u have it out u need to becareful 7 days prior to having it out
hope this puts your mind at rest
:hug:

Forgot to add the reason I am preggers is I had it out on 21st august xxx

Oh goodie lol :D So the nurse was WRONG!!! :hissy: Stupid cow, she hurt me too pfft.

my implanon made me spot on and off all the time too
xxx

Did it make you feel dizzy, tired and your stomach feel hard? And give you headaches and make you feel sick? xxx

no... but then if you were preg the tests would show up as positive by now, your hcg levels should be so high at 12 weeks pregnant, and if a test is not picking up any hcg its highly unlikeley you are pregnant. Maybe its wishful thinking babe:)
I would see the doc as i would be concerned that your having headaches, sickness and a hard tummy, it may be an under lying problem that you need sorting asap and while your there the doc can test your wee for hcg
xx

Did it make you feel dizzy, tired and your stomach feel hard? And give you headaches and make you feel sick? xxx

When I first started on the pill I felt absolutley awfull and thought I was pregnant then, I wasnt, Just the hormones messing around. Its horrible isnt it, Im sure your body will get used to it soon hun
Xxx

contraception makes everyone feel different, i just made me emotional
xx

Sounds like symptoms of the implant to me. I had a coil and had similar symptoms. I think it is cos the implant and coil kinda trick your body into thinking its pregnant so that no more eggs are released

Actually the copper coil works by stopping fertilised eggs from implanting in the womb. It doesn't stop you ovulating, it just stops the egg from attaching and developing into a blastocyst.

I don't know how the implant works as I have never had it, but I do know that there have been many cases of members of this forum thinking they are pregnant shortly after having it fitted, and complaining of all of these symptoms - especially spotting!

If the implant is not working for you, actually the coil might be something to consider - I assume that you wanted the implant for it's long-term contraceptiveeffectiveness, and that you have a problem remembering to take pills / use condoms? If so the coil may be an alternative to try - It is a tiny T shaped device inserted into your cervix and works for 5 years by stopping eggs from attaching to the uterine wall. It has much less side effects as it does not involve hormones. So your hormones should level off and hopefully you will have much less of these horrid symptoms, which must be very confusing and uncomfortable for you.

It sounds like you are not getting on very well with the implant. Having said that, it has not been long since you had it fitted, and all long-term contraceptive devices need time to settle down and for you to get used to them. If you are still getting these symptoms in a few months I would definitely reccomend reassessing your choice of contraception.

:hugs:

I thought you couldn't have the coil unless you have had children? :S
Oh yeah that's why I went with the implant, I'm not very keen on the injection, I have a huge phobia of needles and I couldn't handle getting worked up every three months. I'm a bit wary of the coil though as my mum and nan both had problems with them. Their body's reject foreign bodies so they can't have anything like that. I will speak to my doctor though coz medicine has come along leaps and bounds since my mum had her coil lol. Yeah, I spoke to my dad's gf about the implant and she thinks I may be anemic so yeah. I have to go get bloods done xxx

Yeah sorry hun but i truly do think that it's just the implant. I know the side effects listed when you're given the pill include headache, sickness etc etc so hormonal contraception can give these side effects. You could be anaemic if you've been bleeding on and off for ages, my periods were messed up from messing around with the pill and it made me a little anaemic i think. Try iron tablets from boots or something and see if they help? xx

I was also told that you couldnt have a coil if you hadnt had children but my friend has it and she hasnt had kids. Its what I intend on having after Meadow is born.

Actually the copper coil works by stopping fertilised eggs from implanting in the womb. It doesn't stop you ovulating, it just stops the egg from attaching and developing into a blastocyst.

I don't know how the implant works as I have never had it, but I do know that there have been many cases of members of this forum thinking they are pregnant shortly after having it fitted, and complaining of all of these symptoms - especially spotting!

If the implant is not working for you, actually the coil might be something to consider - I assume that you wanted the implant for it's long-term contraceptiveeffectiveness, and that you have a problem remembering to take pills / use condoms? If so the coil may be an alternative to try - It is a tiny T shaped device inserted into your cervix and works for 5 years by stopping eggs from attaching to the uterine wall. It has much less side effects as it does not involve hormones. So your hormones should level off and hopefully you will have much less of these horrid symptoms, which must be very confusing and uncomfortable for you.

It sounds like you are not getting on very well with the implant. Having said that, it has not been long since you had it fitted, and all long-term contraceptive devices need time to settle down and for you to get used to them. If you are still getting these symptoms in a few months I would definitely reccomend reassessing your choice of contraception.

:hugs:

The coil I had was the mirena one which has the hormone in it so it does stop you ovulating as well and it stops your periods completely unlike the copper coil which seems to make period heavier. They dont really use the copper ones anymore so if you do thing of a coil they do have hormones in them now and doctors dont like to use them inb women who havent had a baby.

I got 3 false negative tests but then the symptoms countined so in the end i went to the GPs for a test nd it was positive. It really believe it even wit the symptoms until i had my first scan... good luck xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->