is it safe to eat this type of meat?

I ate turkey slices early in my previous pregnancy. I didn't actually like any other deli cuts...just turkey. I would have continued to eat them if I hadn't developed aversions to them once my ms kicked in...the aversions carried on after pregnancy and beyond lol.

I ate turkey slices early in my previous pregnancy. I didn't actually like any other deli cuts...just turkey. I would have continued to eat them if I hadn't developed aversions to them once my ms kicked in...the aversions carried on after pregnancy and beyond lol.

ive started to have some more ms today, especially after about 4 hours past waking up. i have no need for the turkey and cheese i was eating but i still crave meats and cheese in general so i sometimes just get a cheeseburger somewhere.

Perhaps instead of buying deli meat you could buy a turkey breast. cook it and fillet it? Seems like it would be a safer alternative.

I am personally not touching deli meat...or meat/animal products at all because I am having a major aversion to it. But if I could I would choose to stay away from deli meat.

With my first, I was so nervous about every little thing, I wouldn't touch deli meat unless I heated it first.

When I got pregnant with my second, I threw a lot of stuff out the window (deli meat rule, warm baths...) The chance of meat containing listeria, especially pre-packaged, is pretty slim. Think about it. Have you ever gotten sick from eating cold cuts before? If you have it probably calculates out to a <1% chance. That was my reasoning anyway. Not to mention, I craved turkey sandwiches like nobody's business when I was pregnant with my second.

All that being said, it's perfectly fine if you heat the meat to steaming first. I wouldn't have touched it with my first pregnancy, and I ate the crap out of it right out the fridge with my second. Never got sick. But like a previous poster mentioned, do what you're comfortable with.

Your mothers theory about fatty knees sounds like a good giggle but I don't know how on earth that would work from a scientific point of view. Your body breaks the food down and the fat/nutrients etc pass through your blood stream and to the baby is a very broken down fashion. It's not like the placenta says "ooh this bit of fat came from some luncheon meat, I'm sending it right to the baby's knees!"

Chubby knees on an infant are pretty normal! Besides, what harm could chubby knees cause?

I ate so much crap with my son and his knees were normal lol.

Your mothers theory about fatty knees sounds like a good giggle but I don't know how on earth that would work from a scientific point of view. Your body breaks the food down and the fat/nutrients etc pass through your blood stream and to the baby is a very broken down fashion. It's not like the placenta says "ooh this bit of fat came from some luncheon meat, I'm sending it right to the baby's knees!"

Chubby knees on an infant are pretty normal! Besides, what harm could chubby knees cause?

I ate so much crap with my son and his knees were normal lol.
lol omg
bologna isn't even my favorite meat to go to but my mom mentioned it to me and i was like dang

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->