Is it safe to fly while I'm pregnant?

monicanwk

Reaction score
We booked our holiday months ago, I found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant recently. We are flying to Greece next week, I'll be 5 weeks. I'm worrying now if I should even go. Please can anyone advice? Thank you

Yes hun, perfectly safe at 5/6 weeks pregnant. Most airlines will allow you to fly until you're 36 weeks pregnant.

Stay hydrated and flex those lower leg muscles a bit on the plane (pregnancy slightly increases risk of DVT but unless you have an underlying risk factor like me I'm sure that isn't really a concern on a short flight either).

Have a lovely holiday :flower:

I bought compression socks, last time when I travelled I got my feet swollen, never had that before... Just really worrying as it's the first trimester. Thank you for your advice, hugs xx

I was going to say compression socks are recommended. Sounds like you're all prepared. Enjoy your holiday!

As others have said, the only risk of flying is going into labour on a plane, which is obviously not a concern till much later on pregnancy. Enjoy your holiday!

perfectly safe, i flew when i was 7 weeks x

I flew at 34 weeks last pregnancy! :) and all was fine.

I flew this time at 6 and 8 weeks pregnant and although I was nauseous and a bit uncomfortable, everything was fine!

hey dont wanna hijack ur thread but we booked trip to Denmark from Canada so thats like 9hours flight and i will be 16weeks pregnant by then. Do you ladies think its okey?

I flew with all of my pregnancies at various weeks pregnant and they all turned out fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->