Is it safe to go into town tomorrow - I'm scared about slipping in the ice

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I live in Birmingham and the weather here is icy and cold. I don't think it will snow tomorrow around midday, but it's really really cold.

I have some major shopping to do tomorrow but thankfully, all of it is just in one store. But there is a long walk towards it. I need to order a moses basket + stand, baby bath and baby box and some other general things. Don't have any other time or day to do it as DH has work, and also, I think the weather is going to get worse.

I'm pretty sure the floors will be gritted but do you think I should get out tomorrow? I have this fear that I will slip on ice and fall, and maybe hurt my baby...

What do you think?

I'd go with somebody and wear flat shoes that you think will be ok for you to walk in. If it is really bad, then i wouldn't go. Sorry i don't think i've been much help x

i went out today, but my OH came with me and i made him hold me the whole time cos there was patches of ice here and there and i couldnt really tell where abouts they were, i suggest if your gonna go out take someone with you just to be on the safe side :)
xx

I live in Derby and I was scared of the same thing, I ended up going in with my OH's Mother who made sure I didn't fall over.

I'm guessing because the city centre is such a big place and there will be lots of people there, the ice won't be too bad - but just be careful where you're walking :)

I dunno if you can do this (if you're buying for someone else or something) just thought I'd make a suggestion...why not wait until after Christmas? Then you can get everything in the sales!! :thumbup:

I agree with the others, if you go out, make sure to wear shoes that are grippy and easy to walk/totter around patches of ice in, if you go out of your door and get a couple of metres down the road feeling like you're going to fall flat on your ass, then don't risk it. If the paths are gritted it should be better, but it is difficult to tell where there are still patchy bits of ice. I'd take someone with me to cling on to and just judge whether you feel comfortable walking around, or if there is a big risk of slipping over. :)

xx

I would stay at home if it looked bad out. Although if it doesnt look too bad i would go out and see if i could walk on it. If not stay in doors till its safer to walk out there.

if it looks bad why not stay at home! we went out for a meal last nite it was very icey so oh said stay in till its clears now!

can you not order stuff of line? or wait till the weather picks up after the new year1 your very organised im not planning on getting my baby bath ect till after the new yr when the sales start! and im futher ahead than you!

if you do go mke sure you dont go out on your own!

Thanks for all the advice. The weather today wasn't too bad actually, and the ice had cleared up by the time I went out with DH. Got all the things done! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->