is it safe???????

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
so its oh's birthday on friday and i wanna put daisy's hand print on his card, i have some normal acrylic paint, is it safe to do it so long as i wipe it off staright away?? thanks in advance!!

sara

xxxxxx

honestly, it depends on the paint and the colour. Student or craft colours are generally safe, but artists colours have toxic pigments in them with would be dangerous. Personally I would use either poster paints for kids or an inkpad marked non toxic (i got very detailed impressions using one of these and if you get an archival acid free one and use good paper it should last too).

I did this for O/H birthday but I just picked up some cheap kiddies non toxic water colours and these worked fine xx

I've done this with kids washable poster paint. Freya had a blue foot for about 3 days though, despite lots of washing! :dohh:

I've done this with kids washable poster paint. Freya had a blue foot for about 3 days though, despite lots of washing! :dohh:

have checked and it says its safe for children and non toxic :thumbup: she's snoozong now so i think i'm just gonna do it...hopefully it wont stain as i dont want him to no about it!!

sara

xxxxxxx

How weird, I was about to ask this question to!! We got 4 canvases from the pound shop so have to do one for each set of grand parents, my sis and us!

generally acrylic paints are non toxic so should be fine although may be a little hard to get off if you dont wipe it off right away. could always call up the paint manufacturer to check, but i would think it is fine :)
i plan to have my son do a painting on a canvas soon whichh will need to be in acrylics as the poster paints / watercolours wont dry properly on a canvas and end up cracking

Was it the asda kids paint by any chance? Noah ended up with a blue foot too! Bit silly for a kids paint since older ones would have it everywhere.

If ur using acrylic paint hun I found that washed off easily. X

Was it the asda kids paint by any chance? Noah ended up with a blue foot too! Bit silly for a kids paint since older ones would have it everywhere.

If ur using acrylic paint hun I found that washed off easily. X

No I think it was Wilkos. :shrug:

if you put a little vasaline on there foot/hand first it should come off better

good idea about the vaseline

and love the idea of canvases abz!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members