is it safe???????

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by saraendepity, Sep 1, 2009.

1. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

so its oh's birthday on friday and i wanna put daisy's hand print on his card, i have some normal acrylic paint, is it safe to do it so long as i wipe it off staright away?? thanks in advance!!

sara

xxxxxx

2. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

honestly, it depends on the paint and the colour. Student or craft colours are generally safe, but artists colours have toxic pigments in them with would be dangerous. Personally I would use either poster paints for kids or an inkpad marked non toxic (i got very detailed impressions using one of these and if you get an archival acid free one and use good paper it should last too).

3. CountingDown

CountingDown Well-Known Member

I did this for O/H birthday but I just picked up some cheap kiddies non toxic water colours and these worked fine xx

4. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

I've done this with kids washable poster paint. Freya had a blue foot for about 3 days though, despite lots of washing! :dohh:

5. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

have checked and it says its safe for children and non toxic :thumbup: she's snoozong now so i think i'm just gonna do it...hopefully it wont stain as i dont want him to no about it!!

sara

xxxxxxx

6. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

How weird, I was about to ask this question to!! We got 4 canvases from the pound shop so have to do one for each set of grand parents, my sis and us!

7. dali

dali Well-Known Member

generally acrylic paints are non toxic so should be fine although may be a little hard to get off if you dont wipe it off right away. could always call up the paint manufacturer to check, but i would think it is fine :)
    i plan to have my son do a painting on a canvas soon whichh will need to be in acrylics as the poster paints / watercolours wont dry properly on a canvas and end up cracking

8. Kiree

Kiree proud mammy of 2 boys

Was it the asda kids paint by any chance? Noah ended up with a blue foot too! Bit silly for a kids paint since older ones would have it everywhere.

If ur using acrylic paint hun I found that washed off easily. X

9. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

No I think it was Wilkos. :shrug:

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

if you put a little vasaline on there foot/hand first it should come off better

11. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

good idea about the vaseline

and love the idea of canvases abz!

xx