Is it strange to think this? Giving breast milk to my 3 yr old...

Louisex

Reaction score
She has a sickness bug and can't keep anything down so it just came to me to try her with a bit of my milk i thought it could help her but on the otherhand it seems so strange doing it obviously I would express it and say it's magic milk or somthing. Actually I don't think I would.

Am I odd for even thinking this. Im just thinking if all the goodness and I hate seeing her ill.

I'm aLso afraid my 5 week old sOn might catch it or does breastmilk stop them catching things like this x

I don't think it's odd at all! Your breastmilk has antibodies in it that might help her fight off her sickness. Here is a cool website that shows you everything you can do with your breast milk. Some of them are odd, but hey some of them are worth a try!

"Immunity Boost: If your older children are getting sick or they just need a little pick me up, you can give them breastmilk in order to boost their immune system."

https://www.drmomma.org/2009/09/medicinal-uses-of-breastmilk.html

I give expressed milk to my 3 and 5 yr old dd's. The first time I did it, because my oldest brought home a cold from kindergarten. I didnt want my 3 yr old to get sick, so I gave her some expressed milk. She drank it fine. So then I started just giving them both some since I have a freezer full and dont give my baby a bottle ever so why not put it to use? They hate the frozen milk, because it takes on a soapy flavor when its frozen which is normal and its still good, just the flavor is off. So now I just give them both fresh milk thats been chilled in the refrigerator. I dont tell them what it is though.

my son is 3 and hes had some of my milk in a bottle. i really dont see anything wrong with it, even when the child is fine...zane just wanted to try it lol
he knows i breastfeed and he knows its mummys milk.

zanes had alot of colds since corey was born and corey has caught them :( but hes not been as bad

I offer but his dad's expression of "that's disgusting" put him off! Shame I think. He is immu-compromised.

I gave her some this morning and she loved it !

I didn't tell her what it wad just said here babe have a drink if this milk and she said mmmmmm milk with sugar in lol xx

I offer but his dad's expression of "that's disgusting" put him off! Shame I think. He is immu-compromised.

I find it weird when people say that. Drinking milk that comes from mom is disgusting but drinking milk from a cow is ok? :roll:

I express milk for my toddler every morning! He likes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"